This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Suggestion Box - Ideas for next version/update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 55>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote G BANSAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 11:38am
heyy, i'd suggest AH2 to be linked with other players, instead of making money by running your own company, other players can hire you as a pilot and pay you a monthly salary or perflight, then with that cash you can upgrade your own company...another suggestion would be you can sub contract your cargo to another player... 
LOVE,FLY,PRAY
ricochetv1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricochetv1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 5:03pm
Given the current rate of progress,I think that would delay the release for at least two years...
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 6:36pm
why would anyone fly for someone else when you make more money flying for your own company?

Money making is not a problem with the AI to help you out.
john9001 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john9001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 3:25pm
Maybe the job list will be selectable like now, you can check "all" or "inbound or outbound" or by plane type.
craigt47 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craigt47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 5:30pm
Pilots can choose to fly for a company as pilots, not company owners. Company owners allocate jobs to real world pilots and there stats on that flight are then transferred over to over company. Essentially an internal VA would be really cool.
craigt47 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craigt47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by G BANSAL G BANSAL wrote:

heyy, i'd suggest AH2 to be linked with other players, instead of making money by running your own company, other players can hire you as a pilot and pay you a monthly salary or perflight, then with that cash you can upgrade your own company...another suggestion would be you can sub contract your cargo to another player... 

Yer like this! LOL
tmachado View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmachado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 4:26pm
Greetings,

Any idea when will AH2 be released? I've been searching all over the internet and didnt found anything. Wacko
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 5:46pm
Hopefully in the next couple of months.
tmachado View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmachado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 5:01pm
Nice! I'm super hyped for this, hope we can get a status update soon! Smile
Skyspilot View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyspilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 3:00pm
Why don't you make the reputation system a bit more realistic? If you only give 1/10th of a point increase for a job well done and a full point decrease for one that does not go so well its very discouraging and tends to make me put the game down for a year or two. Unfortunately I always come back as there is nothing else like it out there.
wain View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Skyspilot Skyspilot wrote:

Why don't you make the reputation system a bit more realistic? If you only give 1/10th of a point increase for a job well done and a full point decrease for one that does not go so well its very discouraging and tends to make me put the game down for a year or two. Unfortunately I always come back as there is nothing else like it out there.

because it encourages you to be good pilot and land properly, it encourages you also to manage you time more efficiently like not taking jobs that you or Ai cant do in time. In the RW you only have to mess up once with some customers and they wont use you again, and it might not be you it could be a member of staff.......like you say it is one of a kind and can only get better.......
Wayne
tmachado View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmachado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 8:52pm
Any news about the dev. of AH2? Smile
ricochetv1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricochetv1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 2:41am
Apparently, from recent posts from the Lord thy Dev, "it'll be done when it's done!" I'm estimating that the career level game I just started last month will grow into a multinational conglomerate with ties into space exploration and asteroid mining by then. That, or new versions of Windows will have evolved beyond Flight Simulator's ability to function.
razor View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 3:57pm
It doesnt seem to effect the game but I installed this product with the Steam version of FSX.   The only thing I have noticed is I get a popup from steam asking me if its ok for the application to launch FSX and there is an error in AH, but you can choose to continue and then click ok on the steam popup message selecting "OK" and it loads fine and I get the AH in game messages.

I have noticed some confusion on where planes Ive flowing back show up in both the destination and origin, but I just send an AI pilot to fetch the aircraft and it seems to work itself out.

The only other issue I've noticed is Ive had a Leer Jet flying around with no fuel for a while now.   Is this a known bug?   I think tonight I'll check if it just shows it has no fuel but perhaps its actually been being refueled by the AI pilot, I just have not found in the logs where to check that as an event.   

I just got the product on Friday and I have to admit Im having a blast with it.  Love it!!  
wain View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 4:23pm
I have been using AH with Steam since december, initially we had FSUIPC issues but thar was updated. I get a box asking if I am ok to allow AH to launch sim, click ok and all is good.

Not sure about the issue you are having with planes at 2 locations, when you fly back do you close FSXSE and then let AH launch sim again? Are you getting the box in the corner with the red writing? Are you using the 'fly aircraft yourself' option to reposition?

Wayne
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 5:33pm
Does AH2 have proper failures?

I read that a competing add-on has in depth failures, bird strike, fuel leak, decompression etc and its simulated in game, eg you'll see a fuel tank emptying (but only if you're paying attention) or be told you have a bird strike, landing gear problems, get a decompression and get below FLxx in x minutes and then land asap.

I'd love for AH2 to do this and to get big rep for landing anywhere after an emergency. As it is, you can just hit x64 for your cruise. This would mean realistic flight plans and also the element of surprise. Something AH lacks a bit.
brettxw View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brettxw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 5:30am
Freaky, I was wondering this myself today haha. Blow a tire, etc.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by Flyer10 Flyer10 wrote:

Does AH2 have proper failures?

I read that a competing add-on has in depth failures, bird strike, fuel leak, decompression etc and its simulated in game, eg you'll see a fuel tank emptying (but only if you're paying attention) or be told you have a bird strike, landing gear problems, get a decompression and get below FLxx in x minutes and then land asap.

I'd love for AH2 to do this and to get big rep for landing anywhere after an emergency. As it is, you can just hit x64 for your cruise. This would mean realistic flight plans and also the element of surprise. Something AH lacks a bit.

Flight planning is up to you, so if you're not planning realistic flight plans, that's your issue, not AH's! ;)

Failures were in AH1, but it's very difficult to have the appropriate level of failure.

I can easily empty a fuel tank, or blow an engine on an aircraft, but it's unfair to do that to the player in many circumstances.  Run out of fuel over the Atlantic?  That's your company destroyed.  Engine failure over the Alps?  Same result.

Players take badly to those sort of failures in a persistent company building game.  In something like FSX - in free flight - it doesn't matter, you can do the flight again with no penalty.  The same is not true in AH style companies.

Blowing tyres is 'tiresome', especially if you go with the FSP model which blew tyres randomly all the time - hence why there's a "condition" and damage to the aircraft which must be repaired.  That allows for damage to be allocated based on player landings, but it can be managed and paid off in a structured manner.

Imho, AH should never arbitrarily decide to destroy your company with an engine failure - that's just not fair on a pilot who's flown many hundreds of ours to get a shiney expensive aircraft which then ploughs into the terrain through no fault of their own.

Hence failures within AH tend to be more 'manageable' - hydraulics/flaps/instrumentation etc, rather than fatal.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 10:19am
AH has written off several planes for me usually when p3d is started at the wrong airport and it tells me to move to xxxx, I do so and it writes off the aircraft.
My company wasn't destroyed, in fact in never made a dent so to speak.

You wouldn't really fun out of fuel, there'd be a leak and your have to fly on 1 or 3 engines.
I believe the failure rate was about .5-1%. So thats once in a month or two if you fly 3 jobs a day. Of course the failures aren't just fuel or engine, there'd be lots of minor ones too so youd be (un)lucky to have a plane threatening fault in a year but the threat would still be there.

Perhaps this could be an option or maybe link it to the aircraft % so people that don't like it could keep it at 100% but it would revolutionise AH IMO. It would be so much more realistic as youd plan better, always be on the look out for emergency airports to land, it would even effect the planes you buy.

I think you could do it without ruining it for people that don't want it. I'd be willing to beta test it as I do a lot of flying, almost every day.

Also, how about allowing alternate airports for delivery? Sometimes weather is so bad or trees are blocking landing that it's not realistic to land.
Also it would be nice to separate water runways and land runways so your get water to water jobs but not water to land ones.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Flyer10 Flyer10 wrote:

Perhaps this could be an option or maybe link it to the aircraft % so people that don't like it could keep it at 100% but it would revolutionise AH IMO. It would be so much more realistic as youd plan better, always be on the look out for emergency airports to land, it would even effect the planes you buy.

Failure rate is already tied to condition %.

Also, how about allowing alternate airports for delivery? Sometimes weather is so bad or trees are blocking landing that it's not realistic to land.

AH2 will be more forgiving in that regard, provided you can get reasonably close to your destination.

Also it would be nice to separate water runways and land runways so your get water to water jobs but not water to land ones.

There are so few water runways however, that having it set to only water makes it largely pointless - they're not numerous, and you won't be able to get around many of them in anything decent which can land on them.

AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 55>
  Share Topic