This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Suggestion Box - Ideas for next version/update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 55>
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concorde380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 12:59am
ok how though?
When you need to get your cargo from one place to another...Remember Pedro's Cargo
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 1:53am
You are free to stop at any airport and load any/multiple cargoes with AH, then proceed to any airport and unload. You DON'T have to fly direct to the destination - you can stop anywhere en-route.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 5:28am
You can also transfer cargo from one AC to another as long as both are at the same airport at the same time.
John Allard
killerbee1958 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killerbee1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 9:27pm
Oke here goes my thoughts although most of it has been said already.

I also like to start with saying that i already like the product as it is but this question allows me to ask for more. So what is it i would like?

1 Keep your excellent service to current users as top priority. I would love extra fucntionality but there are only 24 hours in a day. when it comes down to choices please keep in mind that keeping your current users happy will mainly come from fixing small problems and next from extra functionality (and truth is you are excellent at this service)

2. assigning mulitiple AI pilots to a single plane (to stay wihtin flight hours and also to have a more realistic cost model)

3. Beiing able to assign more planes/pilot to  a single job (if one plane cannot take the whole load)

4. More intelligence on AI routing (if i have a flight from a to b with more than allowed freight and a flight from c to a, where c is near to b i would like to start hauling freight on my return from b instead of flying empty from b to a)

5. Web access to AH (although i need to be carefull what i ask for because this would for sure cause me to divert my attention during office hours to AHSmile)

6. Automatic invocation of flightplan's and active sky from AH (i dont think this is a AH problem but i hate it to set everything to my wish after fsx starts (like flightplan and weather)

7 Contracts (to enable a steady workload instead of only requiring me to daily select jobs for my pilots)

8 Competition. Love it when i have to fight off competitors who are after my customers. Some nice model that will require me to sometimes dump my prices because of heavy competition while at other times (or other places) i can ask what i like because i am the only company around (but someone already mentioned a air hauler tycoon is developed here so maybe a bit too way off)

9 Planes not available during repair times and realistic repair times (and maybe even repair wait times because you can not drop in a maintenance shop and expect everyone to drop their current work)

10 showing of your other planes when at a base where these other planes are at that moment

That's it. Need to get back to my AH to put my staff to work again and also need to fly some jobs myself to bring my reputation back to par

Herege View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herege Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2009 at 1:24pm
Slopey, is possible to have on "Choose pilot" window*, the hability see the pilots by alphabetic order and Rank, because at this moment is impossible, are "blocked", instead of being in order of recruitment. All names at this moment are mixed without a logicSmile
thanks,

edited: * before he had the aircraft to do the job.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2009 at 3:11pm
That's already in Monday's update
AirHauler Developer
concorde380 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concorde380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2009 at 7:42pm
what about being able to get a loan at 50% and to be able to hire AI pilots at 50% to that would help
When you need to get your cargo from one place to another...Remember Pedro's Cargo
Herege View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herege Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2009 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Slopey Slopey wrote:

That's already in Monday's update

I start to believe in telepathy things ahahaha
Lazerbolt View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazerbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 9:10am
  How about seasonal cargo such as:  fireworks on the 4th of July, Christmas presents in December, candy & costumes on Halloween ect...

And it would be fun and educational to include holidays from around the world. (that sounded kinda dorkyEmbarrassed)

Lazer
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 10:16am
That's in already - you should notice various seasonal cargos over time.
AirHauler Developer
Thunder175 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thunder175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 3:44am
Something just dawned on me...

It would be nice if there was a way to prevent the clustering of jobs generated. What I mean is sometimes the jobs from bases all go to the way general vicinity on the map, and are separated by very short distances from each other. While this may be good for small GA aircraft, it is uneconomical for larger transports and is annoying having a 752 or MD-11 flying under a hundred miles to its next stop when a freight truck could probably get it there faster!

Maybe add a user variable something like a statement that says no jobs generated if distance from nearest job equals X, unless job destination is base.

Hopefully I explained that somewhat right. Just a thought...
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concorde380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 5:27pm
I have said this before but for those of us that don't have time to do flights, maybe the AI pilots would be able to INCREASE your reputation not just decrease it.
papeg View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 12:59am
Would it be possible to add an export to excel function on the Registed Aircraft page (where you import planes into AH)?
Greg
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 2:20am
That's added for the next version
AirHauler Developer
papeg View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 2:22am
Great, thanks.
Greg
paulos2002 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulos2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 7:07am
Have Kandahar airfield in Iraq in there and allow resuppllies to take place out to the frontline as a private contractor!

paulos2002 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulos2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 8:38am
AH is a superb programme and my wife hates it! .!
Thunder175 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thunder175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by paulos2002 paulos2002 wrote:

Have Kandahar airfield in Iraq in there and allow resuppllies to take place out to the frontline as a private contractor!

Umm... Kandahar is in Afghanistan not Iraq. And it is already in the scenery database as a default FS9/FSX airfield.
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concorde380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 7:50pm
Hire AI pilots whenever you want
Scooternjng View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scooternjng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 8:30pm
Automation of the AI pilots. Let's say you have missions that are backlogging, why not have an tick box on the AI pilots "Self Dispatch" or a dispatch feature that allows your AI pilots to dispatch on assignments like x distance, yweight, z aircraft?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
--Edmund Burke, Irish philosopher & statesman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 55>
  Share Topic