This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Suggestion Box - Ideas for next version/update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 55>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jturie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 3:24pm
Ability to lease warehouse space at any airport to create regional depots.  No discounts on repairs, no landing fee reduction.  You could grab stuff with short hops, store it at the depot, and use a bigger plane to bring multiple loads to the same destinations.  Space is limited, but you can up your lease payments to lock up more space.

AI Competitors!  You gotta beat them to the jobs or the desirable airport bases.  If you and a competitor both want to establish a new base, you need to bid for it.  You or your competitors can start rate wars in lean economic times to keep afloat or to drive the competition out of a base or out of business.

Obviously, this is a "Version 2" upgrade, not an update.  Maybe you could call it "Air Hauler Tycoon" .
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">
littlesquare.dot View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlesquare.dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Killieboy64 Killieboy64 wrote:

Could I suggest one also:

On the fleet screen show minimum runway A/H has dictated for this a/c type.

This will stop people accepting jobs they can't fly to.

x 2!
littlesquare.dot View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlesquare.dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by BadCarma BadCarma wrote:

Failures like bird strikes and icing issues would be nice to.. Id also like to see AI pilots affecting rep positively as well as neg. after all they are part of the company.

re: brid strikes:  Yeah, until your brand-spanking new aircraft ploughs into the ground shortly after take-off, taking your pilot, cargo, and rep with it.

I agree that it bird strikes would be very cool, but a catastrophic strike could be incredibly annoying.

I suppose that'd make me a fairweather bird-strike fan..

re: AI pilots affecting rep, yes please.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Originally posted by BadCarma Originally posted by BadCarma wrote:

Failures like bird strikes and icing issues would be nice to.. Id also like to see AI pilots affecting rep positively as well as neg. after all they are part of the company.

"In-FS" things like that are not likely to be in AH2 - in particular icing modeling is not something AH would provide - many add-on aircraft do it already.

For reasons discussed at length AI Pilots gaining rep is not likely in the future either.

AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 5:48pm
Quote On the fleet screen show minimum runway A/H has dictated for this a/c type.

That's added to the Fleet screen, and the Buy/Lease new aircraft screen in the next update.

I've also added the size "category" (tubulence category - i.e. light/medium/heavy) which is used to determine the landing fee.
AirHauler Developer
concorde380 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concorde380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2009 at 3:02pm
also it would be nice if AI pilots could earn you reputation not just lose it
When you need to get your cargo from one place to another...Remember Pedro's Cargo
LucasStL View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LucasStL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2009 at 5:59pm
I have to agree with Contract Jobs - those would be awesome!
Herege View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herege Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Slopey Slopey wrote:

I've also added the size "category" (tubulence category - i.e. light/medium/heavy) which is used to determine the landing fee.

You know, you are my hero after the Chuck pilot Big%20smileWink
thanks.
Hans Olo View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Olo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 4:43pm
I wonder why no one mentioned but I think a bit more variation regarding the type of jobs would be a major step forward. What I mean is besides doing cargo runs there could be some other type of jobs appearing somewhat expanding the services palette to that of a typical Air Services company. These jobs could be maybe less frequent, a rare opportunity to take but could give that special urgency with some additional characteristics such as time constraints. Some examples:

1/ Medical emergency - you are hired to get a doctor to a remote airfield / transport a patient back from a remote airfiedl. In both cases there should be a time limit to complete the mission. I mean a time limit for the actual flight such as getting there within 30 mins. Landing the plane with the patient with a very low vertical speed, etc. If you are successful you get a nice bonus and a nice raise in rep - if you fail then there is no money and your rep surely suffers a lot so you should think twice before accepting such a mission.

2/ VIP transfers - similar but instead of the time limit there is bigger emphasis on the comfort of the flight. If the customer is unhappy he would not pay as he would be upset.

3/ Aerial surveys - you would need to fly to a certain geographic location and slow down the aircraft to a certain airspeed at a certain altitude for a certain amount of time

4/ Sightseeing - similar to the above but also the comfort of the flight is an issue for the tourists plus you need to get them back to the starting airfield in time.

5/ Counterfeit dodgy runs - would be extremely rare, no rep bonus, but very well paying. If you fail there is a giant loss to rep. Done during the night and you need to arrive and land within a very narrow time bracket to meet your contact and cut the deal...

6/ ... and the list goes on and on.

These would make this game such a dream I cannot even describe it.

A new addon has just been published called Africa air Adventures that attempts something very similar in Kenya but I guess this would greatly enhance the Air Hauler world also and it would fit in the concept nicely.

Any thoughts on this?

Hans
algy View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote algy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 5:27pm

If this has already been mentioned--sorry. This isn't so much a suggestion for the next version, but more a suggestion for the stats page online.

If there is such a thing as a company's "home base", then it would be nice if the stats page included the base field, and made it searchable or sortable. Then we could see who else is flying out of certain airports, or certain geographical areas, in order to compare scores of the local competition.

As is, you have to select every single company, click on its name in the list. Only then do you see where its base is located on the map. To locate everyone flying in your company's area, you have to go through all 26 pages of stats...

No biggie if this addition isn't implemented. It's small potatoes, but maybe it's easy to add.

BTW, Hans Olo, I like your ideas for the different types of jobs (previous post). 
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concorde380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 5:34pm
there are some very good suggestions here
When you need to get your cargo from one place to another...Remember Pedro's Cargo
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 7:32pm
Quote If there is such a thing as a company's "home base", then it would be nice if the stats page included the base field, and made it searchable or sortable.

There's no such thing as a "Home" base in AH - but I can maybe add something to show nearby companies.
AirHauler Developer
Herege View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herege Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 4:10am
1- A Bank (for our money gain some interest), for who don't like menace the stocks thing for example...

2- A Fuel depots to compensate the fuel prices in our bases.( long time ago discussed)

3-  Some kind of "radar" in a separated world map to see our competitor where they are located trough the world if possible.

4- The cost by NM instantly , of any aircraft that we have to make some job, some kind of, fuel vs 100hrs dedution + pilot salary + landing fee + cargo incluided + Leasing(if exist), to see our profitability/expense after the end of flight, before we start the flight.

5-Contracts.
flying-w View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flying-w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 1:37pm
Version of AirHauler for passengers?  In others words something along the lines of fsPassengers, but with the AirHauler virtual economy and airline management infrastructure.  You can get some of this stuff from various places including the virtual airline organisations already, but to have it all in one place I'd think you clean up in the market.

Regards
Simon

SuperTrafficBoard V2.1 Now Available http://www.supertrafficboard.com
hermit825 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hermit825 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 3:19pm
Hi Guy's
Just thought of a feature that I think would become useful to all is a RTB button, (return to base) I notice more often than not there are times when it is more advantagous for me just
to "deadhead" back to one of my bases over drumming up freight out in the tooleywads!

Sleepy
Dinomite Bill
Thunder175 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thunder175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 6:16pm

Here are mine for versions 3.5+ in no particular order. Some of these are also to generate brainstorming sessions. Lamp

1) Ability to customize AI flight plans to allow for multiple pick ups and deliveries. Currently the user has limited control over this. I can have the AI deliver to multiple destinations from the same origin (i.e, KATL to KIND, then on to KORD as long as the two cargo loads are under the capacity for the aircraft), however we can not do the same on inbound trips. The easiest fix would be to allow us to tell the AI exactly what we want them to do, as well as how much of a particular cargo to load (percentage or raw value).

2) Another preference check box in the options tab to force AH to load fuel from the outer fuel tanks first, then the centers. On commercial airliners, it is common to fill the wing tanks FIRST, then fill the center tank. AH currently loads the center tank completely before filling the wings. This is completely unrealistic for larger commercial transport jets.

3) Add a new value for aircraft in the database: number of pilots required. Would allow us to set how many pilots are required for the aircraft to function to emulate realworld crew scheduling. Also could be used for later versions if AI maximum hours per day is implemented. For example we could enter '4' for a 747-400 to force 4 pilots on the flight to simulate having to change crews on long haul flights (8 hours plus).

4) Ability to add an AI crew or even the user pilot to a flight as a jumpseat crew member. If I want to fly a leg then have the AI complete it, the AI pilot will have to follow me on a commercial flight to meet the aircraft. Instead it would be more realistic to allow an AI pilot or user pilot ot sit in the jumpseat to relocate that pilot to a new destination.

5) Allow user to choose how to display aircraft on the map and in the various tables of the program either by aircraft description OR registration number.

6) Implementation of trunk routes between bases. If I have a base in KATL, and a base in KSEA, it would make sense that any cargo destined for the opposite side of the country would have to first go through a baes on a trunk route flight.

6a) If we can have the above, then the option to repeat a flight would be needed also. That way I can have a larger aircraft fly back and forth on my trunk transferring cargo automatically between the two bases.

7) More user control over the airports and destinations that show up. I read somewhere else that there was the possiblity of a 'domestic flight only' check box to be implemented. Can we also have a keyword mask for jobs that appear? In other words, an option to restrict any airport with the keyword 'AFB' in the name would be nice, as well as restrict entire countries (no flights from the USA to Cuba!). Understand I can choose just not to do those jobs, but if those flights appear they are just wasted choices that count against the number of jobs generated slider.

8) A random flight number generator for those of us who fly online.

Thats all I can think of at the moment. Dead
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concorde380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 6:37pm
i have 3 bases.heathrow,spa, and milan so it would be nice if me and my crrw were able to go between bases to pick up any cargo going to the same or almost same place
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 6:45pm
Quote i have 3 bases.heathrow,spa, and milan so it would be nice if me and my crrw were able to go between bases to pick up any cargo going to the same or almost same place

There's nothing stopping you doing that just now, is there?
AirHauler Developer
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concorde380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 12:16am
can the AI pilots do that though? without multiple legs. Like maybe Heathrow-Spa-Milan-the destination
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 12:54am
No - but you can.
AirHauler Developer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 55>
  Share Topic