This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Suggestion Box - Ideas for next version/update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 55>
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlitzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 11:24pm
How about an Applications Tab ?
IF POSS An application to calculate Fuel Burn Per Hour for third party aircraft would be useful, The required data is entered and the application calculates the fuel burn per hour.

Can't think of any other Apps at this time but maybe others can ?
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 12:09am
Can you not just use the calculator? It's only fuel capacity/(range/speed)?

I'll look at adding in something.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Mickel View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 4:30am
While FS isn't bright enough to not give us a night VFR approach to an un-lit runway when there is a perfectly adequate lit one available (as far as I can tell), would it be possible to not have AH select times of dusk or night when we're going to or from unlit fields?  I know it's easy enough to alter manually though.  Embarrassed

Mike
hermit825 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hermit825 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 5:53am
Got another lovely idea! :)

IN the "bases" column in the airport information section, it would be awesome to see freight available (accepted) I mistakenly took on jobs I didnt have time to fill, and have to send AI to rescue me! I just forgot the multiple stop route that sounded so good at the time, then after accepting the jobs noticed the clock! (i know....time management yada yada) hehe
Dinomite Bill
Ginger View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 6:45am
Hi,

I use other add-ons like FS-PASSENGERS and think it would be a great idea if one could add money earned from a passenger flight into the AH bank account. This would help integrate other add-ons that produce earnings from flights. This would be a great help as I could either simulate a passenger flight and add the money into AH. I appreciate that it would sort of violate the control of the game but I think that most Virtual pilots are pretty much after realism and would not spoil cheat etc.

Please do this and I would greatly appreciate it.

PS
AH is the best add-on to come around in the last 20 years.

Gratzie
GingerSmile
FS since 1984
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 9:03am
Quote IN the "bases" column in the airport information section, it would be awesome to see freight available (accepted)

I'm not sure where you mean?? Bases column? Airport information section???
AirHauler Developer
hermit825 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hermit825 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 9:51am

I had came across an instance where I was reviewing flights assigned to the AI crews and I had (as an experiment) accepted ALL the freight departing from one of my bases and was routing nearby AI to that base, to collect what I was unable to haul.

I went to the MY BASES window and thought it would be cool to see what cargo was being staged for delivery, then (after my post Clown) I realised "my jobs" had all the info I was looking for..... I must be a glutten for punishment, as I tend to enjoy being under the gun.
 gotta keep the consignee's looking up in the air looking for their shipments! hehe

Bill <--- SENIOR AH FAN!
Dinomite Bill
Schlitzer View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlitzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 10:02pm
Sure can use the calculation you suggest, i just thought that as new punters buy AH this question will from time to time re-appear in the forum and an APP would solve it once and for all.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 10:47pm
I'll see what I can do
AirHauler Developer
fallujahff View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fallujahff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 1:51pm
I think AirHauler is a fantastic product and I can't stop playing with it--

With that in mind I would like to see these things implemented--

Ability for AI pilots to drop cargo on a owned base (which could enable feeds to and from outlying smaller airports). It would give value to the owned bases and allow for scheduled flights from base to base (solving the desire by some to have more base to base runs.

Also

Duty limitations for AI pilots. Normally companies must staff 3-6 crews per hull to allow for days off, duty limitations etc. This would also bring in some challenge to staffing and scheduling (gee this box needs to get to LAX in 12 hours but that's an 8 hour flight and this pilot has 6 left on his monthly limit)

Someone also mentioned managers with bonuses--I like that idea as well and a PAX version/or ability to import FSPassengers (my distant second favorite addon) --man that would be too good to be true.

Finally--I would like to see an artificial fuel pricing system--I don't get on the internet much where I am currently at and would still like to see some dynamic to pricing.

This is a really great product and has brought more life to FSX.
fallujahff View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fallujahff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 2:12pm
Oh yeah and if there is an AirHauler 2 please please please let us be able to import our company data into the new program where able (I really don't want to start again with a Cessna and a grass field  .
Turbineflyer View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbineflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 2:00am
********WARNING**********        ********SATIRE BELOW********

I want to fly. I been flight simming for a while and AH has givin me some purpose. Right now I have recreated the continant of Australia the very best detail that ORBX/FTX/OzX can do for me. Then I have AH. I really need it to do the following as suggestions. I need it to start me at the highest reputation possible, and just stay that way because rep is all that seems to matter. Then I need it to fetch me real weather and load it to the sim, so I don't have to. I need it to do all my fuel calcs based on up to date real world pricing no matter where I am, because I really stink at the fuel calc thing, even in a cessna, so I really need it to do all that for me. I need AI pilots that never make mistakes or fail, need some code so that even if they do, my rep CANNOT take a hit, or my finances for that matter. When the sim loads, I need AH to check and see if the real world weather might ruin the probability of successfully delivering the multiple loads of fragile cargo I have, and clear all weather. I also think AH should preflight for me and lite the fires, program the FMS thingy, contact the powers that be and also file my IFR plan for me. I need AH to do this, really. I also think it might be worth coding in that AH will program the correct autopilot altitude by plane accordingly and rate of climb because I never seem to be able to get that quite right either. I guess to top it all off, AH needs to be able to taxi and take off for me to, maybe even just do the whole flight to engines off at the correct field always then ensure that I get paid. I think mybe it wouldn't be too hard to code AH to just do everything and allow me to sit back, rake in the chedder and watch it all go down from a spot view. That's what AH really needs to do, and do it without error please. I also don't want to sacrifice all the personal customer support your giving me because no other add on seems to want to do it the way you do, and since microscr#^ axed the ACES team and really stuck it to me, I need this all to kind of pull in all the slack. Basically AH needs to do everything and be error free. Hopefully you will find some time to work all this out and into the sim for me all the while trying to get sleep, eat, keep family together, beat caffine addiction, maintain health and sanity, and not loose it over all the whiners that can't deal with simple things. Can ya do this for, huh huh ??? Please.

This post is strictly satire and I mean none of it. It may have a message in there, but few will actually see it. You guys are the best and I look forward to long pleasant future with Air Hauler. ROCK ON !
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 2:14am

T'flyer,

Two comments...

1) You forgot about preventing you from accepting jobs to water runways or heliports if you'r not suitably equipped.

2) "...beat caffeine addiction..."  Are you NUTS???

Great post, man.  I loved it.

John Allard
Guests View Drop Down
Passengers
Passengers
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 6:02pm
Another idea....

What about introducing A and C Checks etc. There is the 100hr check at the moment, but what about bigger aircraft checks. And maybe positioning to a main base for these checks. Of course it would be negative to the playability of the game, taking an aircraft out of service, however, would make it even more realistic.
One_Shot View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote One_Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 8:06pm
I think out of all the suggestions so far, the contracts is my favorite. I've seen it in other games (not aviation related) where over a "season", if you meet certain requirements, you get bonuses.  Would it be possible to have, for example, "Company A" sends a random message which you would see in your "in box" upon starting AH. There can be multiple types of these letters. The letter would describe what "Company A" requires (ie: 150 cases of beer delivered to "x" airport once a week). It would depart from the nearest base (but not required), and the AH Company manager, us pilots, can decide to accept the contract or not.
If we select not to accept the contract, no loss. If we choose to accept, then we must follow the guidelines of the contract. If we don't, not only is rep lost, but money too as the shipments aren't flown per the contract. If they are, the company not only receives the normal Rep, but gets a bonus ontop of the contract's normal fees.

I could go into more details on my thinking about it, but just thought I'd throw more of the idea out for now.
razco View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 11:44pm
Hi

First up: Excellent program/game you've come up with Slopey (and others if you're not alone). Clap

I'm currently away from home and thinking it would be really nice to be able to manage my cargo company anywhere I am. Suggestion: Building the application web-based. See you're using an Access db but don't know if you're coding with .net but if you do, it might (not an expert by any means in programming) not be a m a j o r rebuild suiting it for the web. Have no idea if it's possible to build a web based application connecting to FS.

I understand the more or less impossible thing of releasing a fully web based application with demands of an IIS etc. Maybe it could be an addon for those of us that want it... with the basic tasks for the company, managing AI routs etc.  Or even cooler som sort of hosting (obviously with some sort of fee) where people can upload their company and manage it online and then download it to fly themselves whenever they want.

Maybe streching requests here a little but I just had to. Tongue
concorde380 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concorde380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 12:23am
Easier way to import aircraft
When you need to get your cargo from one place to another...Remember Pedro's Cargo
Lazerbolt View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazerbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 6:22am
  My company would like to see a GOVERNMENT BAIL-OUT. Dead
Greyflyer View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greyflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 6:34am
Would that include a parachute payment?

Greyflyer
papeg View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 2:11pm

I think they have some TARP money squirrled away.  Call the FED and see if they can slip you a little.

Greg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 55>
  Share Topic