This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Suggestion Box - Ideas for next version/update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 55>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killerscout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 4:10pm
Don't have time right now to read the entire thread. So forgive me if it's already been suggested. How about the ability to assign more than one pilot and aircraft to a single job? Is that even possible software-speaking?
up_n_away View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote up_n_away Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 9:03am
hi everyone, been stewing on this suggestion for a month or so now and thought i would finally make my first post. I know there have been plenty of posts about making ai pilots do multiple jobs or multiple ai pilots doing one job, but one way i see this possible is to have a way to edit an ai pilot's tasks in the ops window. Rather than just adding or un-assigning jobs to ai pilots you could add or remove individual tasks to an ai pilot.

You would only need 3 command options, an unload command, a load command, and a fly to command. The current time restrictions on ai pilots loading/unloading could still be maintained, but giving us more flexibility with ai pilots and a more hands on planning role.
eg. load cargo a at airport x, position to airport y, load cargo b, position to airport c, unload cargo a, unload cargo b. if cargo a was large you could then assign another pilot to load cargo a at airport x, fly to airport c and unload.

This could also help eliminate empty return legs for large cargo jobs, and also would get rid of the need to use ai pilots manually when caught out in a sticky situation (which is a way to get around loading and unloading times).
spidierox View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spidierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 9:58am
What I would like to see :

Managers

Purpose is to aid you in day to day operations. They get hired as other personnel.
For example :
- Managers report if and which pilot is idle, can warn you when a job is about to be late, or when a pilot goes idle due to repairs
- Managers do not let you assign an aircraft if 100hr check is within a (user specified) time frame.
- With managers you can have contracts (see post above)
- Managers gives bonuses (reduce maintenance, reduce fuel cost at base, better AI pilots, etc...)

Office

I would like to have a graphical interface, like CP did with the office.
There are some hotspots which one can click and get same functionality as it exists right now.
Also, the more prestige the bigger / nicer the office.

Contracts

As stated in  another post, but mostly to prevent to get entangled in this micro-management. I feel that as a major drawback that this will prevent me from having larger fleets.

Options

Quantify the sliders in the options instead of using general thing like "bigger" airports.
Because how big is big ? bigger airports? biggest airports ? very big airports?
Quantification is already been done in the filter for the map
Also, options are applicable to all aircraft for which jobs are generated.
This means that if you want small aircraft to operate smaller airport / smaller sized cargo etc... together with larger aircraft the options does affect ALL of them.
Maybe more specification could solve this: a slider for small aircraft / medium / large acft...
For this the MTOW classification can be used. This way we can find a sweet spot for small acft while having a mixed fleet with medium / large acft..

USER INTERFACE
It would be handy if some windows can be dragged where we want and not stay in the parent window.
Also putting the map window in its own resizeble window would be of great advantage.

REALISM
Compliance with FAA rules as suggested above would also be added value imo.

so, that's it ...

If you can carry it, we can transport it.
NoOne View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 4:08pm

Hello:

It would be very helpful to have the LAT/LON coords on the job info screen when selecting jobs (like CP used to have it).  I use paper charts and finding the airports can be difficult since frequently the codes used in MSFS are different than the ones used on the charts (for small airports).  Also just knowing which chart to pull out and look at in the first place sometimes is not clear on the longer jobs without this info.

Having more control over the AI pilots routing would be nice too.  Sometimes they fly A-B-A-C-A when they could fly A-B-C-A.

Being able to have AI pilots fly with less than full tanks would be great.  As it is I've altered the tank sizes in the config files which enables them to haul more, but my range is then reduced.  A user configurable variable in the aircraft info screen such as, "Max AI fuel load" would be a better solution.

Lastly I would like to be able to set the airport size for job generation on individual aircraft rather than globally.

Thanks for considering these ideas and fantastic program!  Clap

allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 4:29pm

Quote It would be very helpful to have the LAT/LON coords on the job info screen when selecting jobs (like CP used to have it).  I use paper charts and finding the airports can be difficult since frequently the codes used in MSFS are different than the ones used on the charts (for small airports).  Also just knowing which chart to pull out and look at in the first place sometimes is not clear on the longer jobs without this info.

I found a pretty good workaround for this.

Download Lee Swordy's freeware TTools (Traffic Tools).  When you unzip it there is a utility called AirportFinder.exe.  Run that once and it creates a text file of all the nearly 24,000 airports in FS9 with the ICAO code, latitude, longitude and elevation.  It's just a flat text file and though it is large, Notepad and it's "Find" feature handle it just fine.  Plug in the ICAO code and it takes you to that line of the list.  Very handy.

I don't think it works with FSX, but if you have FS9 on your PC you'll have most of the airports in the world anyway.  I know FSX added some but probably not anywhere you'd ever really go.

John Allard
papeg View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 4:37pm

TTools works with FSX, you just can't used the AI flight plans with FSX flight plans.  They aren't compatable, but the AirportFinder utility works.

Greg
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 4:52pm
If it's something people would want, I can add the lat/lon of the airport in the job briefing, or the airport info (under the map), for the next update. Decimal degrees or DD MM.S?
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Schlitzer View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlitzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 9:02pm

I would like to add my support to the weather suggestions....    If not real world weather then maybe a random selection from the default options,,,,    Varied weather would i think enhance a an already good product....

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 9:14pm
I'm not going to be adding weather - use FS weather or ActiveSky instead. One of the problems with setting weather via FSUIPC is that it can be crazily unrealistic, or worse that the weather is the same all over the globe.

As AH allows you to stop at any airfield, it's not practical for me to re-create ActiveSky, and only having weather at a particular destination airport, but not at one 20 miles away would seem silly.
AirHauler Developer
jflimbach View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jflimbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by johnny198712 johnny198712 wrote:

Hi,
My thoughts are to bring a little more realism into the A1 pilots situation. Already mentioned is the hours they can operate before a rest period. AH is already monitoring flight times towards 100 hour checks, so realy I assume its not a lt different from that.

In addition, once you get beyond the size of a Caravan etc, in the real world you will have 2 pilots per aircraft. In the game as it stands now earning money for the pilots wages is relatively minor, so manpower is not an issue, but if you add these two ideas into the product. It will make the programming quite a bit more complicated, but probably a lot more realistic. The degree of difficulty would really go up.

I'm not a computer buff, so I have no idea whether this would work, or perhaps the degree of difficulty this would take it too would not be acceptable for a lot of people, but presumably this could be intigrated int the Career mode type operation.

Just sme thoughts from an ex pilot who is enjoying the game.

John
A really valid point because not only is the copilot required, but it increases your operating costs.  And to carry it a step further, some aircraft, e.g. the L1049 Constellation, C-130, et al, also require a flight engineer.  I fly the Connie a lot and can assure you that while I could get along without the copilot most of the time, the flight engineer is indispensable!
John Limbach
Schlitzer View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlitzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 10:06pm
I have FS set to use Real World weather,,,   AH to use real World weather but AH ignores the settings and loads Clear Skies only.......
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 10:45pm
Quote AH ignores the settings and loads Clear Skies only

Actually, thats not correct, AH tells FS to use real weather in the flight plan, but FS ignores it - it's a known issue with FS.

The workaround is to change the weather setting after FS is finished loading.
AirHauler Developer
Beetle View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beetle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 12:55am
I'd like to be able to put my money in a bank, to be able to earn interest. Currently I picture a buried coffee can situation, or perhaps a very uncomfortable matress. 
papeg View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 1:08am
Beetle, that reminds me of a story this week about a womand who put $1M in her matress and her daughter decided to toss it for a new matress.

Greg
killerscout View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killerscout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 1:42am
A couple of ideas for the next update.

1. If possible, I'd like to have a filter function added to the job generator to allow certain airfield types only, like Water or Dirt. I had the idea of starting a floatplane service, but it really isn't feasible in the current shape of AH.

2. Again, if possible, I'd like to see added the ability to assign more than one aircrew/aircraft combo to a single job. For example, if I had a job worth $100,000 with a weight of 10,000lbs, and two aircraft with a 5,000lbs payload capacity, I'd like to be able to assign both aircraft to the job with either 2 AI or 1 AI and myself in the other ship.

(This software is still great even if these can't be done.) Wink
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 2:09am
Quote I had the idea of starting a floatplane service, but it really isn't feasible in the current shape of AH

You'd be surprised how little water runways are in FS.  There's not very many.  Brian is the floats master around here, and added many "runways" to various bits of scenery - use the search function and you should spot them.  Very impressive scenery too which I think is freeware (not by Brian).

As regards multiple AI on jobs - that was in about 4 versions ago, but due to a bug with lazy pilots, it all went pear shaped!  (the weekend of "free" reputation etc etc..).

It will make a re-appearance, but I can't say when (might even have to wait for AH2.0).
AirHauler Developer
Beetle View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beetle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 7:37am
Dead That makes me ill just to read. I owe 50 grand in student loans and she's just throwing money away! The thing that makes me the sickest, is that she isn't even that upset, I'd never be able to sleep in the new bed. 
Ozzy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 8:03am
When an AirFrame meeds repairing it is taken out of service for the lenght of time it takes to make good the repair ... Not just clicking on repair and it is done instantly and back in service .. so if the repair takes 2 days , you cant use this aircraft for that period.

A max number of hours in a day that all pilots can fly ( AI and Human ) as in the real word you can't fly 24/7
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 9:21am
Quote When an AirFrame meeds repairing it is taken out of service for the lenght of time it takes to make good the repair ... Not just clicking on repair and it is done instantly and back in service .. so if the repair takes 2 days , you cant use this aircraft for that period.

Covered this before - AI pilots are subject to repair delays (up to 48 hours in some cases).

A max number of hours in a day that all pilots can fly ( AI and Human ) as in the real word you can't fly 24/7

AI pilot limits will probably be in a future version.

There will never be anything which prevents a human pilot flying when he/she wants to - that's massively counterproductive.
AirHauler Developer
NoOne View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Slopey Slopey wrote:

If it's something people would want, I can add the lat/lon of the airport in the job briefing, or the airport info (under the map), for the next update. Decimal degrees or DD MM.S?

If it's easy to do I'd love it, otherwise I'll just try the TTools thing.  If you do it my preference would be min/sec but I could work with either just fine.

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 55>
  Share Topic