This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Suggestion Box - Ideas for next version/update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 55>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Killieboy64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suggestion Box - Ideas for next version/update
    Posted: 14 May 2009 at 3:45pm
Could I suggest one also:

On the fleet screen show minimum runway A/H has dictated for this a/c type.

This will stop people accepting jobs they can't fly to.
Killieboy64 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Killieboy64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 4:14pm
Just thought of another one:

Countdown to next promotion for self and/or AI pilots in number of jobs.

Will helps planning aircraft upgrades.
KingPenguinUK View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingPenguinUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 6:15pm
@thaellar Not sure on that weather one, I don't use MS's weather system, I use REX's which still does same thing but on a slightly better level (and soon to be better when REX2.0 comes out) so forcing AH to tell FSX to use its own weather could be hassle "

Couple Ideas I'd like too see...

More Intergration with FSUICP.DLL
I'd be nice if you could actually browse jobs while ingame, maybe restrict it too airport your at or within maybe 20nm radius. Just found that having to shut down FSX then restart it to find another job can be a little annoying :p epsecially if you have alot of addon's that slow the FSX boot up time (ie scenery)

Passengers !
I'd like to see passengers become intergrated too, but problem I see with that idea is to really to intergrate a realistic passenger system you kinda have to go down the same lines as FSPassengers where you have to worry about how your passengers are doing in relation to how your flying and providing inflight entertainment/food etc. But that comes down to how realistic you want your sim experiance to be.. brings me to idead 3

Harder difficulty - following FAA rules etc
At the moment I'm slowly earning money in my 172 in career mode, what I'd like to see is an option to make AH doing checks to make sure your not breaking taxi speed limits, making sure your contacting Air Traffic to be it a Tower or just the Traffic Frequency (depending where you are).. something along those lines anyway.

AI changes
Seems alot of people just send their AI out on constan 24/7 jobs, be nice to add in factors where your AI pilots have to have at least XX amount of sleep before they can do more jobs, and if your not letting them get sleep they become liablites and chances of aircraft taking damage due to poor handling by AI pilot increases more and more the less sleep they've had. Maybe give them a little more so called "personality" where maybe some pilots won't fly to certain parts of the world etc. (theres alot I think that can be added to the AI system)

Random Aircraft Failures
NOt sure how exactly the failures work in AH, I'm guessing if you keep it fully 100% repaired and do nice take offs and geaser landings all the time your not going to get any system failures. An exampler of this is  "hull depressurisation" Your carring some live cargo (animals or even passengers if you add that in) and hull depressurises, you gotta think fast to save the cargo (or passengers). Things like that would be great :)

Mustang View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by KingPenguinUK KingPenguinUK wrote:

Random Aircraft Failures
NOt sure how exactly the failures work in AH, I'm guessing if you keep it fully 100% repaired and do nice take offs and geaser landings all the time your not going to get any system failures.

You can get system failures even with a perfectly maintained and looked after aircraft. I had a directional indicator fail after about 10 hours on my Cherokee, which has been treated with the utmost care! :)

I would like to see more enhanced failures, even perhaps as far as engine failures, provided AH made an allowance for it so that it didn't cripple a company.

One suggestion from me:

Improved rank system
The ranks are very incidental and somewhat irrelevant at the moment. On career mode I'm already qualified up to 55,000 lbs MTOW after just 20 completed jobs and about 20 hours of flying, but can only afford to lease something that's a small fraction of that. AH is already quite a challenge with the running of the business, the managing of the finances, but it's not really a challenge when it comes to improving rank in order to buy bigger aircraft.  Perhaps it should be based on hitting certain performance goals as well as number of jobs completed. But a difficult one to work out, without the risk of the player becoming 'stuck' at a low rank.

Of course, it should be optional anyway, as not everybody wants limitations placed upon them except the financial ones.
Beetle View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beetle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 2:11am
I occasionally on multiplayer, helping a friend build his company. What i would like to see is an option to load in multiplayer rather than having to exit the flight then load multiplayer. I understand that you would still have to open your room and things of that nature, but it would be easier if that were an option.

Also when he encounters a failure, the failure is not recognized on my end, so if I continue to fly the plane, there is no problem. Don't know if that's something that can be done.

Also exiting FS every time you need to find another job, can sometimes be a hassle, especially during multiplayer.

We both have AH installed.
Beetle View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beetle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 2:14am
Something else that i forgot to put in my last post, is the ability to jointly build a company, the same company on two computers, sending data between the two manually. I'm almost positive that's impossible but it would be awesome. 
BadCarma View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadCarma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 3:30am
Failures like bird strikes and icing issues would be nice to.. Id also like to see AI pilots affecting rep positively as well as neg. after all they are part of the company< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">
hermit825 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hermit825 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 7:33am
I would like to see more business options like advertising which would increase jobs....or being able to focus on dedicated contracts... IE 40 tons per week of groceries to remote mining camps else they starve!! :) for 6 mo or 2 yrs whatever...and being able to assign an AI pilot to handle the account...... cut rate mail contracts in competetion with other freight dogs.... and the ability to have "hubs" where exotic wines from france can be brought in on the 747's and be dropped of at the break bulk centers and have smaller a/c distribute the shipment to the smaller communities.... maybe even a multiplayer "universe" online where we can compete together! or allie with another player....
Dinomite Bill
KingPenguinUK View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingPenguinUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 11:01am
Beetle you could fly multiplayer if you want.. just don't use the ingame browser, use something like VATSIM where once your up and loaded via usual AH route, you then use either FSInn or SB to connect, I think this way is alot better than the Gamespy route... you won't get AI traffic the traffic you see is real world traffic from other people around the world (talking quite a few hundred.) theres a plugin on the VATSIM page that lets you view all the flights happening as they are via Google Earth :) well worth looking at.
Hendrix View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 2:15pm
I got a suggestion, I bet its been mentioned before.

Recurring Contractors.

You take a long term contract and have a set quota to fly every week.
CargoScan CEO

johnny198712 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny198712 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 3:58pm
Hi,
My thoughts are to bring a little more realism into the A1 pilots situation. Already mentioned is the hours they can operate before a rest period. AH is already monitoring flight times towards 100 hour checks, so realy I assume its not a lt different from that.

In addition, once you get beyond the size of a Caravan etc, in the real world you will have 2 pilots per aircraft. In the game as it stands now earning money for the pilots wages is relatively minor, so manpower is not an issue, but if you add these two ideas into the product. It will make the programming quite a bit more complicated, but probably a lot more realistic. The degree of difficulty would really go up.

I'm not a computer buff, so I have no idea whether this would work, or perhaps the degree of difficulty this would take it too would not be acceptable for a lot of people, but presumably this could be intigrated int the Career mode type operation.

Just sme thoughts from an ex pilot who is enjoying the game.

John
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 4:05pm
Quote I occasionally on multiplayer, helping a friend build his company. What i would like to see is an option to load in multiplayer rather than having to exit the flight then load multiplayer. I understand that you would still have to open your room and things of that nature, but it would be easier if that were an option.

It's not possible to do that from an external application using FSUIPC - you have to start the multiplayer "game" manually.

Also when he encounters a failure, the failure is not recognized on my end, so if I continue to fly the plane, there is no problem. Don't know if that's something that can be done.

There's no provision for that in FSX I'm afraid.

Also exiting FS every time you need to find another job, can sometimes be a hassle, especially during multiplayer.

No way around that I'm afraid. Flight Sim tends to crash, or not let you use the new flight plan if there's one already loaded. Only reliable way to do it is to close it down and relaunch it. You could get round it by telling AH it's running in "WideFS" mode - it'll want you to position the aircraft, and then you tell AH that it's ready. But then you won't get the flight plan pushed over into FS (as it's not reloading the FLT) unless you do it manually (which won't work as described above most of the time).
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Beetle View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beetle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 4:37pm
I didn't think any of that would be possible Slopey, thanks for the answers though.

King Penguin, thanks, I'll be checking out Vatsim post haste.

And can i also say that this is the best forum ever, never before have I had every question, every query, suggestion or idea addressed, and all without being attacked by some superior feeling jerk. You guys all rock.
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 5:00pm

Quote And can i also say that this is the best forum ever, never before have I had every question, every query, suggestion or idea addressed, and all without being attacked by some superior feeling jerk. You guys all rock.

Beetle,

AH grew out of the frustrations caused by the limitations of Cargo Pilot, which Duncan and most of the testers used and liked a lot.  No software satisfies forever.  As we became aware of the limitations, most of which eventually got logged in the "Suggestions for CP2" thread in the Cargo Pilot forum, we hungered for changes, improvements and new features that were never forthcoming.  Duncan eventually determined to build a better mousetrap and he managed to pull it off.

The attitude you see here on the forum from Duncan and those of the test team who hang out here comes from that prior experience with CP.  We were you, two years ago, making suggestions but having them seemingly fall on deaf ears.  Our experience there has made us try to make sure you don't have the same experience here.

I'm not being critical of JF.  Businesses have to, and have the right to, make decisions about what to do and what not to do.  We'd have been happier back then if they'd have decided to upgrade CP, but they didn't.  No one did anything wrong, it's just not a perfect world.  I'm personally grateful to JF for CP and what it brought to flight simming.  I'm even more grateful to Duncan for what he's done and for how hard he continues to work at making it continuously better.  None of the rest of us are doing much compared to his efforts.

Anyway, I'm happy to hear you're having a good experience with AH.  This does seem to be growing into a good and positively oriented forum community and I'm happy to be part of it too.

John

John Allard
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 9:06pm
I think it would be good if AH selected the weather for you, so when you start you get somthing easy like day with clear sky's but once you start getting lots of hours you will be flying in thick fog and rain etc. 
Thrandisher View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thrandisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2009 at 1:51am

Passengers - Need to get to point A to point B fast, and would be fragile i guess. Something that a jet would work but not a "cargo" type of plane.

Natural Distaster at Bases - Things like flash flooding, tornados, weather effects, godzilla wrecking havic, meteo, trebbles, GREMLINS! Something that would have to be repaired at your base to have full opertions or cargo runs by that area. Also would add a money sink along side of rental fee's for them.  Going in with world weather would be to much of a chore (while would be nice, would be hard imo if that could be done)

AI Pilot Fatigue - Longer they fly, without sleep or a few day's off or whatever, they would get tired and have a higher chance to wreck planes.  A happy AI is a profitable AI !

Fuel storeing/repository -  Being able to buy fuel in large quantity's for a lower price and being able to store it at your base to fuel your own planes with. (I think there is something along these lines in planing tho)

Rival Company's - Other companys may apear out of nowhere and start doing buisness. Some of them might do good, some might fail and dwindle away.  Depending on how well you do and how well they do in a area, would determine the quality of jobs for each company.

I know some of mine have been posted already, but i think these are things that come to my mind right now.  While some of them arnt easy to whip up really fast, there just idea's im tossing out there ;)

-Arrakis

Hendrix View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2009 at 2:59am
Originally posted by Beetle Beetle wrote:

And can i also say that this is the best forum ever, never before have I had every question, every query, suggestion or idea addressed, and all without being attacked by some superior feeling jerk. You guys all rock.

You know, I ve said this before in my post about fuelburn. And I truly stand beside you Beetle.

Due to my eyesight and being over 30 years of age, ive hungered and wanted to fly my own aircraft since I was 9 and flew Fokker f27 the first time. I was sold totally.  There after being a planespotter, bought a fine DSLR and drove miles around sweden to photograph airliners coming and going, crosswind landings and the whole deal. Im now sitting here and proudly bought AH to soothen my hunger for more :) And what do I meet? Being a member on AVSIM and POSKY for many years, treating my hobby VERY serious. I found probably the most compassionate, helping and friendly people ive ever encountered in this line of "work".

BIG kudos to everyone on this forum that either was a cornerstone in making the product or one of its MOST valuable users that contribute to the life of it.

RGDS

Hendrix
CargoScan CEO

hermit825 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hermit825 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2009 at 3:10am
I would absolutely love to assign multiple AI pilots to certain jobs!
Dinomite Bill
Guests View Drop Down
Passengers
Passengers
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2009 at 11:18am
Another idea.....

When assigning a AI pilot to numerous jobs in one go, would it be possible to change the Proposed Flying Schedule. Instead of concentrating one job at a time, maybe take part of the next job back to base and so on. Maybe a facility in the list to let you manipulate where they fly to?
Freight Dawg View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freight Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 1:46am
I'd like some way to place the game on pause for a few days.  
Regards,
Smiling Bob, Capt
Enzyte Air Cargo, LLC
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 55>
  Share Topic