This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Suggestion Box - Ideas for next version/update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 52535455>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote genbrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 8:31pm
I'm sorry if it was already answered, but the only thing that I disliked from the 1st AH was the fact that you could not ''pause'' your company.

Can't play for some months, then you want to get back to it but you lost so much $, sometimes to the point where you have to restart.

Will there be that option in AH2, where you can freeze the time?

Thank you
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 10:11am
I think slopey said previously that that will never happen. In AH, all you have to do is check in once a week and unload an AI job and you won't lose rep. Not sure if this will work in AH2 but I hope it does as I use it to get back rep stolen from me by bugs.

You could even copy the AH folder onto a USB stick and take it on a trip if needed.
ManaaniWanderer View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ManaaniWanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 2:02am
Another option I've used when RL got in the way is set my computer's clock back and than move it forward in steps.
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 10:49am
That works but going backwards in sim time can corrupt the save so you have to be careful time is only moved forward in the game.
freybear3 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freybear3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 11:55pm
I would like when we install it, the option to install it to the steam version directory and use the steam version to run it.  Thanks

Sorry if this was already mentioned. 
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2015 at 5:07pm
Steam won't tolerate add-on applications in the program directory and it's likely AH would be removed on the next FSX:SE update.

There is no need for AH to be installed into the FS directory - never has been - in fact, it's critical you don't.

AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
jmitch1947 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmitch1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2015 at 6:58pm
Wonder what year this is  going to be released if  ever, so no point in suggestion then

Angry
jmitch
Windows 10 Pro, Z97 Gaming 3 Mother Board, Intel i54690K, 32MB Ram, GeForce G970, 3x3Gb Hd’s, Saitek Yoke Sys with pedals & panels, Saitek X-52 Pro
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by jmitch1947 jmitch1947 wrote:

Wonder what year this is  going to be released if  ever, so no point in suggestion then

Angry

It'll be released when it's ready.  End of story.  If you don't want to buy it, which ever year it comes out, don't.  Until then, you'll just have to wait.

Meanwhile, many people are testing, contributing and suggesting new features for AH2 which is under heavy development.

Any product announcement will be made via the AH Facebook page, or the JF pages themselves, not here.

AirHauler Developer
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmitch1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 7:29pm
Just hate being told one thing and the totally opposite happens, when I asked you the question of the release date you told me to my face it would be Christmas (last year) if not then January, you even showed my friend  and I parts of it working when we was at the Cosford show. You should have said that you were not sure, and as for buying, I won't be as much as I like the first,I don't buy of people that aren't up straight when asked a question.
jmitch
Windows 10 Pro, Z97 Gaming 3 Mother Board, Intel i54690K, 32MB Ram, GeForce G970, 3x3Gb Hd’s, Saitek Yoke Sys with pedals & panels, Saitek X-52 Pro
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2015 at 11:42am
Well, last time I was at Cosford in 2014, I was hoping to get it out as quickly as possible.

However, meantime, life happened.  AH is not my primary job, and is just a hobby, so I can't do it full time.  Since then, I've not given a date, and I won't until a date is absolutely set in stone.

It'll be out when it's out.  And that's all I can say - and that's as straight as I can be.

AirHauler Developer
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmitch1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2015 at 1:44pm
May be that is what you should have said when I asked you, then all this wondering would not have happened, just be straight with people, not hard is it seeing as you've now just managed it. And then I may have still had the incline to but what is a very good program.
jmitch
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2015 at 12:23am
Originally posted by jmitch1947 jmitch1947 wrote:

May be that is what you should have said when I asked you, then all this wondering would not have happened, just be straight with people, not hard is it seeing as you've now just managed it. And then I may have still had the incline to but what is a very good program.

Or maybe you should just stop asking, or complaining about it, and wait for me to release it ;)  Eventually.

AirHauler Developer
Scottie View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scottie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2015 at 1:40am
Slopey,
Been a while since I posted to this forum. I know it will get done when it gets done and with the beta going out, it must be moving along nicely. Forgive me if this was posted previously as searching for key words is not the best way to find anything. I am very curious about the weather and the effects of being on time portion of passenger operations especially with the headwinds and for long haul flights. Is the cruise speed something that we can change for tailwind/headwind for each portion of the flight? Or is this simply a limitation that we may just have to work around? Also could not find the posting about importing AH1 companies into AH2 or if that would be possible. Last but not least, even if you sent out a half-finished product, your great support with AH1 would not have detered my purchase of AH2 whatsoever, you would probably just release 20 patches and play catch up but that is not how you operate. You know you have to release it before my birthday right? Looking forward to the release of the final product in the not so distant future. How is that for a deadline? Do you have any more pictures besides the few on the facebook page?
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmitch1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2015 at 11:28am
I asked you in all honesty, which was a reasonable question to ask at the time. So again, you should have stated that you were not sure when it would be released and I would have accepted  that and waited but the fact is , you didn't. I accept that is it not your full time job (which I was not aware off) so you should have taken this into account when answering. I see you are now saying that it will be released "Eventually" which is fine, and maybe this what you should have said in the first place. And the reason for "me asking, complaining" is because of the answer You gave at the show, and all I've been doing since to to ask "when" is that so hard to answer my friend.
jmitch
daveyBee View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2016 at 7:17am
I am recently back having been away from flight sim and AH for a while. I have seen some of the AH2 progress and I am looking forward to it very much. AH1 was a game changer for my flight simming and I am sure AH2 will be too. I don't know whether you are still open to suggestions (no post in this thread for a while) but here are some I was thinking of.
I was watching the Ice Pilots TV show and it got me thinking about running a comapny in AH where it might be nice to run only vintage planes.

1) Would it be possible when importing aircraft to have a percentage value figure that is factored into the cost of the plane to replicate an older model. For example if a brand new 737 costs X amount then maybe an older plane, say a 727 of similar capacity/range would only cost 50% of that. I am not sure how the cost of planes is calculated but maybe allow a user supplied cost scaling factor during import.
2) Maybe also a rarity/age factor, maybe rare planes can only be leased or bought used but not new.
3) The possibility to buy un-airworthy used planes that need spares. The spare parts then need to be sourced and taken to the airframe before it can fly. This could go into crazy amount of detail but doesn't necessarily need to. Here might be an example. I want a DC3 but can only find a none flying example in South America. The spares required could be engine parts, gear parts, wing parts, cabin, avionics etc. Rather than needing a database of parts creating for each imported plane instead we could say we need ten units of DC3 engine parts for a complete engine (the airframe we found has no engine parts at all). The weight and cost of these could be a percentage of the base cost of the plane with some random variation to allow us to find a bargain! To continue the example we find the parts in Africa, we must then fly them to the airframe in South America. Once we have the parts we are charged a repair/rebuild/recertification charge and then the plane is ready to be used. Maybe we had to pay some storage cost for the airframe while gathering parts.
When maintenance is required we need to locate parts far and wide again.
4) With the addition of passenger flights the plane type could determine how much revenue we can generate. Maybe add a cabin quality of grade A (factory new, full comfort) to grade D (1930's canvas seats!). These could be upgraded at a cost. Combine this with the age of the plane, its top speed, props v jet etc to determine our ticket costs, if we charge too much for the quality of plane we provide nobody wants to buy a ticket and we fly half empty. I don't know whether competition is going to be modelled, if we are the only comapany providing the route then maybe we can get away with charging over the odds.

Just a few of many ideas that came to mind, maybe you have heard some of them before. Anyway thanks and keep up the good work.

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2016 at 10:58am
Hi daveyBee,

Thanks for the ideas - unfortunately, trying to factor in an age for an aircraft is very difficult.  You can't just let the user do it as they'll put every aircraft through as really old to reduce the purchase price - that's not desirable.  The alternative is to have a database of every add-on ever made which AH consults - not really feasible. So 1 & 2 are problematic, as ultimately everyone will use the lowest values possible to get the lowest prices, and then it doesn't really change anything - I'd get the same effect by discounting all the prices down anyway.

I may be able to "age" aircraft, but that'll be something AH will do itself rather than have user defined input for it, and it would only affect the 2nd hand market.

For 3 - I'm looking at adding a "loot" mechanic so you can find components at certain airfields.  It works as you describe already - get all the bits back, and assemble them.  You'll need a hangar to do that though which you'd build at a base (the hangars are limited in size).  Get all the bits back, and you could feasibly build a 737 from salvaged/looted parts.  I'm still working through the detail of that though.

For 4 - see 1 & 2.  For Pax flights, you can determine the level of service onboard, but not the state of the trim in the cabin.  If I do implement aged aircraft as per the above, that *may* be factored in, however I'll be deluged with compaints from people who think passengers should pay a premium on their restored DC-3, rather than preferring a new 737, so that might be too problematic.

Thanks for the input :)
AirHauler Developer
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ManaaniWanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2016 at 4:33pm
Can't remember if I've seen it asked/addressed before in the forum but would it be possible in AH2 to bring one of your pilots along as a passenger and have them switch off with you while you ride back in the cabin.  As an example your route is KBOS->EGLL->EGLC-KJFK while sectors one and three are nice long flights, for quite a few of the more advanced birds in terms of simulation depth the Heathrow to London City sector could very well be shorter than the time it would take for FSX/P3D to load and get the plane ready to fly and having an AI pilots already on station to handle the 15 minute flight would make it a lot easier.
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2016 at 7:44pm
I'd like to see a plane that could make it from eglc to kjfk!

It would be quicker to fly it yourself, FSX/p3d doesn't have to reload and you don't have to set up the flight again. You do know that you can Ctrl click and several jobs and fly them at once?
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 10:51am
Originally posted by ManaaniWanderer ManaaniWanderer wrote:

Can't remember if I've seen it asked/addressed before in the forum but would it be possible in AH2 to bring one of your pilots along as a passenger and have them switch off with you while you ride back in the cabin.  As an example your route is KBOS->EGLL->EGLC-KJFK while sectors one and three are nice long flights, for quite a few of the more advanced birds in terms of simulation depth the Heathrow to London City sector could very well be shorter than the time it would take for FSX/P3D to load and get the plane ready to fly and having an AI pilots already on station to handle the 15 minute flight would make it a lot easier.

No - you can't "hand over" to an AI pilot.  That's quite simply because AH doesn't control FS.  AI flights are database transactions only - they don't touch FSX (aside from asking FSX to put a NPC aircraft in the sim to make it look like they are, if you're flying anywhere near them - you can turn those off).

AH isn't designed to be a co-pilot add on, and many already exist, so if you want to do it that way, you can simply do it in FS anyway without AH needing all that functionality.

You *will* be able to jumpseat up to 3 AI pilots in AH2 if you're flying the aircraft (or otherwise).  You can assign a Co-pilot/SO/CP to the aircraft, then fly it yourself - when you arrive at the destination, the pilots will offload to there.  Otherwise, they take public transport or other carriers flights to get where they want to go.

There's a fine line between AH2 being realistic on crewing, and turning into Airline Crew Roster Simulator v1, which I'm trying to avoid.
AirHauler Developer
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ManaaniWanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 7:17pm
Thats what I was asking for Sloopy, even if I need to pay to move myself around its worth it not to deal with 20+ mins of setup and being vectored across the state just to land at an airport I could probably taxi across the landscape to faster.  Not that I've ever done that despite being very tempted at times.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 52535455>
  Share Topic