This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fleet Aircraft

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsciutti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fleet Aircraft
    Posted: 13 May 2009 at 3:44pm
Gentlemen and Ladies,

Question: If I enter in the fleet DB that a carrier (US Airways Express) does NOT have a fleet, recomplie the traffic movements, why do the aircraft still appper? Pls don't say the flt plans must also be deleted.

A suggestion for the devs: I flew for TWA and never remember the Capt 'goosing' the throttles just prior to touchdown. Can this be changed in the future or point me to the Cab file and I will modify (I have a programming background).

Many thanks.

Jack S.
Smile
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 10:47pm
I have not really been able to understand or get to work the carrier/fleet stuff successfully. I have always directly modified the flight plans. (Although this response doesn't help you, it does serve to advise that others may have similar issues getting it to work).

As for "goosing" the throttles ... I assume that this relates to the way aircraft seem to spool up (full throttle) and spool down (no throttle) on landings. If that is it then, yes, I agree. The sound of jet planes on landing is extremely unrealistic. Full thrust, no thrust, full thrust, no thrust. That's what it sounds like.
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 3:39am
I haven't tried this, myself, but here's what might work:

Go to the Fleet Database screen. Click "Edit Paint Scheme." Under "Paint Scheme," select an aircraft that was part of the fleet that you disabled previously when you unchecked "Airline/Carrier has a fleet" on the "Airline/Carrier Codes" screen. After selecting such an aircraft under "Paint Scheme," see if the carrier still shows in the "Airline/Carrier" field. If it does, then you may have to click in the field, and delete the entry. You would also have to then select each aircraft that had been part of the disabled fleet and delete the "Airline/Carrier" for each of the aircraft. Try it with one or two aircraft if you find entries do still show in "Airline/Carrier" under "Paint Scheme." Recompile and see what happens.

I haven't tried disabling the fleet of an "Airline/Carrier" on the "Airline Carrier Codes" screen, so I don't know what interaction, if any, it has with the "Airline/Carrier" field under "Paint Scheme." Since you've been experiencing a problem with getting a fleet disabled, it sounds as though there could be less interaction between the two than there should be.
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 4:10am
Given the real possibility that my above response did no good, you may have to delete the Airline/Carrier completely. You would do so by going to the "Airline Carrier Codes" screen. Then right-click on the name of the Airline/Carrier on the list on the left side of the screen, and click on "Delete."
wsciutti View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsciutti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 3:25pm
Thanks Gents,

While I certaintly don't know the code, the 'delete airline' makes sense so I'll try that then recomplie; hopefully the code is linked somewhere. I surely know the reinstall routine. Smile
I'm sure you have compared, but the TrafficX AI models are much better visually than MyTrafficX.

Jack

PS If you would like to change the awful screech of the DC-9 take-off, email me and I'll offer a suggestion that I use.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic