This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fred - The YouTube Star, Yay or Nay.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fred - The YouTube Star, Yay or Nay.
    Posted: 13 May 2009 at 12:58pm
If any of you are even slightly interested in YouTube, then I'm pretty sure you will have come across its latest star, Fred.

To save me typing it all out, I've extracted this from Wikipedia (it is accurate)

"Fred Figglehorn is a fictional character who is the primary subject of a channel on the video-sharing website YouTube. The Fred channel is the most subscribed, with over one million subscribers. The videos are centered around a fictional 6-year-old, Fred Figglehorn, who has a dysfunctional home life and "anger management issues".[1] The character of Fred is played by Lucas Cruikshank, a teenager from Columbus, Nebraska, USA.[2]"

Now for those of you who havnt seen it, here is a taster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEqwKNNQBwc&feature=channel

Okay so what am I ranting about today.

I am a subscriber, one of the 1,121,463 subscribers.  However for the last couple of days its really dawned on me how much this guy is worshipped.  Its starting to annoy me when I read things like "comedy genius" and "the next jim carey"

My opinion is, this guy has made a very nice little structure that he can create many episodes around.  He plays other characters e.g. his mum and dad and his childhood sweetheart Judy, these characters aren't seen on camera he just dubs their voice over after.  But comedy genius ?   I find it funny but to be honest one of the biggest reasons why I laugh is because of his high pitched voice and the randomness, but does being random make you a comedy genius ?   What do you think ?

Generic forum signature
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 7:26am
I hadnt heard of him but i have to admit....i laughed . and subscirbed Embarrassed i like to find things to make me laugh in the mornings Smile good start to the day! failblog.org is my usual first website visited after myspace Tongue

Flightboy
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 9:44am
Haven't seen it, but it sounds like they're copying Cartman from South Park.
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 9:46am
I didn't find it all that funny to be honest!
Kind regards,
Tom
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 1:30pm
Thank god.  I laughed the first time but this kid earns thousands from t-shirt sales, and in my opinion it isnt what I would call "acting"
Good to know im not the only person who isnt that impressed
Generic forum signature
Kelvin_C-J View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelvin_C-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 2:14pm
I'm not even subscribed to this 'guy', but I'd be willing too, in support of the 'prank' on June 1st. That isn't even acting; just 2x video recordings!

How that guy can earns thousands from that, I do not know. AND, be the Number 1 subscriber of many things on Youtube, HOW?!
Best Regards,
Kelvin Chilvers-Jones

737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 2:59pm
I can explain.

Demographic - that's your answer.

Demographic (for those who don't know) is basically the target audience.  The target audience for Fred?  Mainly 14 year old girls who have not yet grasped comedy, but love a slightly older lad with long straightened hair.

Okay, I laughed first time. . . its a bit fun.  "assets amounting to $100,000 in merchandise"  That's stupid.  There are a couple of Asian lads (apologies for the way I've worded it)  I cant remember their name but they are second most subscribed.  In their videos they actually act and they're great. 

I would like them to be number 1.  I think I might take part in this "un-subscribe day" even if it is a tiny bit mean.
Generic forum signature
aniceguy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aniceguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 11:45pm
Who? ! Shocked

This the Welsh guy from BGT? He was amazing!
Visit http://fsprojects.netau.net for my flight sim and train sim web sites :)
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 11:59pm
Not funny in the slightest. I feel sorry for him having to go to those lengths to get attention from people

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2009 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Edward Longe Edward Longe wrote:

Not funny in the slightest. I feel sorry for him having to go to those lengths to get attention from people

Hardly! i say well done to him! he liked making his videos and hes made a six figure sum and got a head start in his career of choice ( actor ) by making guest apperances on nickelodeonTongue

If only more younger people made such a effort to get a head start!

Flightboy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic