This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stupid People on YouTube

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stupid People on YouTube
    Posted: 12 May 2009 at 12:51pm
I'm sure most of us have experienced this.

So I posted a nice comment on a video the other day.  It was clip from Bruno's show (Ali G / Sacha Baron Cohen)

I mearly said.  "There are traces of Borats voice in some parts, funny stuff"   Just an observational comment.  Now I know its the same person, I was just saying that on some parts Bruno turns into Borat.

Yes you guessed it, some bright spark decided to say

"because its the same person you A physical act of love between 2 concenting adulting idiot? -.-"

I'm sorry to say I had to respond (of course in a professional manner!) This person didn't seem to have much intelligence so it was quite easy to outsmart him in a few replies.

My point is.  What makes people do this ?   Why ?  What is wrong with them ?

Generic forum signature
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 12:55pm
I don't know but please don't go posting swearwords on this forum!
Even if you aren't bothered about offending people then don't do it simply because the swear filter will make your posts sound like they were written by an idiot Wink

737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 1:53pm
I don't intend to offend RAS Stern%20Smile  Don't assume.  I do like that filter system. . . might use that.
Generic forum signature
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 1:58pm
Don't even try to swear! In case it gets passed the filter and then I will have to deface your fine post with big red letters.
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 2:12pm
Do I have to make another public apology.

I wasnt swearing, I was quoting some other idiot.  I didnt think that a swear word in a quote would offend anybody as it is in a quote.  Obviously this doesn't apply to everything, I wouldnt for example quote someone who made a racial comment as this WOULD offend.
I dont know whether my post has actually been read correctly or I really HAVE offended in this quote in which case, I apologise once again.
Generic forum signature
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 3:18pm
It's purely because this is a general use forum, and is used by children as well as adults.  It's not really offending anyone, just that if one of the younger ones reads it they may not understand and then get themselves in trouble!! .
Kind regards,
Tom
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 3:28pm
Doesn't matter if it's someone else's quote or not, the appearance of naughty words in the forum is a no, no.
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 3:47pm
Fair enough, point taken gents.
Generic forum signature
ConcordeGuy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by twright twright wrote:

It's purely because this is a general use forum, and is used by children as well as adults.  It's not really offending anyone, just that if one of the younger ones reads it they may not understand and then get themselves in trouble!! .

I don't think some of us are that young...
Rides a 1999 Kawasaki ZZR600
In Kontrol View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote In Kontrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by 737Chris 737Chris wrote:

My point is.  What makes people do this ?   Why ?  What is wrong with them ?

1. It's because they lack sense
2. Because they know you can't kick the Oh damn! out of them, due to being behind a screen
3. They type things before even thinking
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 6:22pm
I'd say it's the first two, with emphasis on number two. They feel safe due to their anonymity.

They are cowards basically, who act tough when they know they are safe.
Dambuster View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dambuster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 7:32pm
Well, for some people the web's an anonymous way to expose their stupidity or a place for ranting/hating/going at other people. Some times I'm like that too... I say things I wouldn't say in real world. Always try not to get irritated by that sort of stuff because not worthwhile replying to a guy who's no idea what he's talking about.
johnsmithfsx View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsmithfsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 12:26am
Some people on YouTube are morons.

I was meerly asking the creater of a video if it was made from the PS3 (I hoped) or the Xbox360 version of the game. The first reply to my question came from some Xbox360 loyalist who told me to go have CensoredCensoredCensored with my Censoredstation 3. Now, this stupid person apparently didn't have very good spelling, so I decided to correct him just for fun. He told me that I was just a Censored. Kind of sad how that is their response to an argument they know they're losing... .

I'll let you fill in the blanks for the Censored sections of what he said...

What makes people do this? Well, I agree 100% with In_Kontrol. I've got to say, some people are not the brightest strobe lights on the aircraft... (I don't know, just wanted to come up with something not used before)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic