This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who actually likes the Jeremy Kyle show

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who actually likes the Jeremy Kyle show
    Posted: 11 May 2009 at 3:49pm
Very random post .

I would like to know if I'm the only person out there who doesn't like the Jeremy Kyle show?
Generic forum signature
ConcordeGuy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 3:54pm
Meh, he's quite horrid towards people!
Rides a 1999 Kawasaki ZZR600
Chock View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 4:10pm
Nope, you are certainly not the only person who doesn't like it. I wouldn't waste a second of my life watching it.

My main objection to it is that it is in large part fictional, i.e. the producers get people to 'play the role of objectionable people' simply to rile up audiences and viewers, and they are less than honest about the fact that they do that too, in that they attempt to portray it as completely real.

It is not all like that from what I have heard, but the vast majority of it is, and that should be obvious when you consider that the entire premise of the show is: 'Jeremy Kyle lambasts a scrote, whilst onlookers woop and cheer'. Would anyone really put up with such treatment?

Anyone who gets riled up about it when watching it is simply having the wool pulled over their eyes. I do in fact know two people who have been approached by production staff from the show, and been asked if they would consider playing such roles, and it was quite clear from what they told me that the process involved nothing more than stopping people in public whom these scouts for the progamme must have thought 'had the right look' for whatever character they were supposed to play.

The entire programme, and indeed Jeremy Kyle himself, is utter lowest common denominator rubbish.

Al
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 5:01pm

I watch the Jeremy Kyle show (if their is nothing else on) Some of the people on his show are nasty.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 5:38pm
Love it.  One of my favirout shows, ulthough I never really get the chance to watch it because I am at schoolOuch  When I am not feeling well I love watching it- really makes me laugh.
ConcordeGuy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 7:29pm
Tell you what I do actually love watching, Judge Judy!
Rides a 1999 Kawasaki ZZR600
Stringbean View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stringbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 8:08pm

Utter Rubbish!!! How can anybody here ever admit to watching such tosh! Thumbs%20Down

Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 7:30am
Originally posted by ConcordeGuy ConcordeGuy wrote:

Tell you what I do actually love watching, Judge Judy!

Judge judy is amazing! ( i have her pic on my myspace homepage Tongue ) we need more people in power who are like her! direct, consise and knows how to deal with the riff raff Big%20smile

Flightboy
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 9:34am
Never heard of Jeremy Kyle!
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 10:40am
I watched it this morning! Will probably be watching it every morning this week and next (i'm on study leave). Some people on it are vile! Although it does make you realise however that your own problems are tiny compared to some other peoples!!
Kind regards,
Tom
CyprusAirwaysA330 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyprusAirwaysA330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 11:45am

Originally posted by twright twright wrote:

I watched it this morning! Will probably be watching it every morning this week and next (i'm on study leave). Some people on it are vile! Although it does make you realise however that your own problems are tiny compared to some other peoples!!

Get back to studying.  Actually, who else is on study leave?

I hate the Jeremy Kyle show, why do people need him to sort out their problems? Confused

737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 12:42pm
Judge Judy !  Rocks !

I do like that program as it seems to be more intelligent, along with the fact I'm studying law.  Long live the Judy-nator
Generic forum signature
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by CyprusAirwaysA330 CyprusAirwaysA330 wrote:

Get back to studying.  Actually, who else is on study leave?

The programme's on at 9.25 in the morning! My brain fails to function well enough to study that early!! .
Kind regards,
Tom
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 2:00pm
who else is on study leave?

My daughter, she's just nipped back to school for an RE exam.
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 2:09pm

"Never heard of Jeremy Kyle!"

Your not missing much, Martin!.
Generic forum signature
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyprusAirwaysA330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

who else is on study leave?

My daughter, she's just nipped back to school for an RE exam.

I must of had the same exam, had it today as well.Shocked

MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 6:16pm
Hope the exam went well for you. My daughter said most of the kids  thought it was hard.

Sorry to hijack the thread. Smile

She had business yesterday, not sure what she's got tomorrow.
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 3:20am
Judge Judy is great! No messing law! Like it.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyprusAirwaysA330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 8:41am
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

Hope the exam went well for you. My daughter said most of the kids  thought it was hard.

Sorry to hijack the thread. Smile

She had business yesterday, not sure what she's got tomorrow.

Yet more hijacking of the thread, but yeah, the exam was harder than the mock, most people at school thought so too.

twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 10:32am
Is this GCSE RE or A Level? If it's A Level - why???  I couldn't stand RE last year!

Got my first exam tomorrow - General Studies Ouch!  The first 'proper' one is next wednesday when I have stats.
Kind regards,
Tom
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic