This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

747 - numerous problems!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjf4375 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 747 - numerous problems!
    Posted: 06 May 2009 at 9:27pm

Hi all and sorry to be making a debut with a negative but I've just bought the 747 and I'm not terribly happy so far - the problems I've experienced are:

When starting a flight with the PW variant, the aircraft immediately lurches backwards into the tarmac, and then proceeds to jump around like a maniac (or crashes if enabled under realism settings). It's impossible to do anything with it.

The other variants of the aircraft are totally unresponsive to elevator input - why is this? Even with almost empty fuel level and full flaps, the plane stops responding to control input under around 200knots, making it virtually unlandable.

I've contacted Just Flight and I'm assuming they're trying to resolve the problem as we speak, but I'm a little unhappy that a payware addon should have such issues. Everything else looks fabulous, the exterior model and the sounds are superb, just the FDE seems to have been programmed by a psychopath on acid! 

Would appreciate any advice from anyone who's experienced similar things,

Regards,

Tim
kessler View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 7:26am
HI Tim,

I can only give you a positive response - I've got the same add on and mine works fine.  Try uninstalling then reinstalling it firstly. My op system is vista 64 and no issues.  I did initially experience a small problem with missing textures but that was sorted by reinstalling. See how you go.

rory
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 9:04pm
Welcome Tim,

"When starting a flight with the PW variant, the aircraft immediately lurches backwards into the tarmac, and then proceeds to jump around like a maniac (or crashes if enabled under realism settings)."

I am not using this add-on, but have experienced that jerking which does cause a crash if enabled in the realism settings, although I barely ever have the problem and it doesn't last long.

I have experienced this with add-ons and default aircraft .  Considering this I would suggest that this isn't a problem with your add-on and a small glitch with the base simulator.  Unless it happens everywhere, all the time, and doesn't stop then I would just learn to live with this.

An unresponsive aircraft can be a variety of things e.g setting the correct trip, flaps whether certain autopilots are engaged etc.

The FDE problems, I assume that the aircraft can act erratically sometimes. I've had very minor problems with this with my 737 Pilot in Command add-on and, as far am I'm aware can't really be resolved but they are just minor problems.  ("irritations")

My home is the B737 not the B747, I would wait for JF's response and see what they have to say.
Hope this has helped.

Chris.

Generic forum signature
tjf4375 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjf4375 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 2:01pm
Thanks for your reply Chris - in fact in my case this tail jerking was happening every single time I loaded the aircraft and made it totally unusable, although curiously this particular behaviour would only happen with the PW model. I have found a workaround and that is to set the flight dynamics to 'Easy Flight Dynamics' under the Just Flight menu. This has also resolved the problem with lack of response to elevator input so I'm guessing autotrim is at work here.

I do now have another issue with this add on though, and that is a throttle one - as soon as any throttle input is detected from the joystick, the engines will thrust right up to maximum, and the only way to bring them back down is to hit the F1 key (no further joystick input is accepted). Clearly this makes taxiing very interesting indeed.

I know I'm used to glass cockpit aircraft but honestly, this is supposed to be a 'jump in and fly' aircraft - I'm not new to FS, I've been flying a variety of add-ons for years and never experienced such a range of issues as I have here!

737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 12:28pm
Sorry to hear about the problems you are still having, it is rather annoying considering it is payware.

"this tail jerking was happening every single time I loaded the aircraft and made it totally unusable, although curiously this particular behaviour would only happen with the PW model."

Well that pretty much confirms that there is something wrong with the add-on.  However it might not necessarily be something wrong with the add-on itself, it could be a slight conflict its having with the base simulator.  I say this because like I said I have experienced this problem using other add-ons and even just default aircraft.

"I have found a workaround and that is to set the flight dynamics to 'Easy Flight Dynamics' under the Just Flight menu."

Ah, well yes. It seems that with realistic FD you are required to trim / configure the aircraft yourself.  Maybe a manual comes with the product which teaches you to trim etc?

throttle one - as soon as any throttle input is detected from the joystick, the engines will thrust right up to maximum, and the only way to bring them back down is to hit the F1 key (no further joystick input is accepted)

First of all I would suggest you make sure its all plugged in correctly. Maybe you should re-assign the joystick.
Check over all the autopilot / throttle switches.
You mentioned you needed to press F1.  These F keys are the default keyboard buttons to control throttle if you dont have a joystick, maybe your joystick isnt communicating properly.

Unfortunately, I have not experienced this problem nor have I seen it on the JF Forums so far.  It is annoying when you buy a get in and go add-on, but like I said I'm unfamiliar with this add-on and fly short haul aircraft so I cant really offer much more help.  Get Justflights response first see what they can offer.  If this doesnt solve it, start a new thread in general discussion.  Its not really the correct place but its a more popular section of the forum and has more experianced people than myself.

Good luck
Chris

Generic forum signature
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic