This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Configuring the 757 Captain CDU - Help Please

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 7:47pm
So I enter my airways on the left side, and waypoints on the right
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 7:49pm
Yes.  But somtimes you will fly direct.
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 7:52pm
Okay I think I've got this sorted now -

I will fly past my final waypoint at a low altitude, then use FLCHNG and heading SEL to find localizer and G/S for APP autoland.

Also, I will try and use airways to fly to the airways.
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 7:55pm
Tom - do you think you could answer my hardware question (on the hardware forum) about the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System?
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 7:55pm
Cross the last waypoint at the height/speed restriction.  Most pilots use FLCH below FL100, but you can you VNAV all the way.  You could use HDG SEL, but I would use LNAV, unless any conflictiong traffic is shown on TCAS.

Also, I will try and use airways to fly to the airways

That dosen't quite make sense, what do you mean?
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 7:58pm

I meant:

I will try and fly to the waypoints using the airways
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 8:00pm
Yes.  Have you done a proper flight all the way to touchdown yet?
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 8:00pm
I did a sucessful flight yesterday evening using the CDU, using the method stated above
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic