This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic Paint X issue...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robnewman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic Paint X issue...
    Posted: 02 May 2009 at 7:21pm
hi all...

Just installed Traffic X and subsequent service packs... Not a bad program all in all (I particularly like the fact that my FPS seems to be hardly affected at all!), but it's missing a lot of schedules; some of which I am now attempting to correct.

I want to revamp the Alaska / Horizon Air schedules to match the real world. This means that I need to add a CRJ-700 in Horizon livery to the fleet list... and that's where I'm having a problem...

I opened the Traffic Paint X program and found the CRJ in the list... clicking on it however does not show the CRJ texture... in fact all it does is flip the PREVOUSLY displayed texture (of whatever was selected) upside down... I want to export an existing texture so I can use it as a template.

Here's what I mean...

Dash 8 selected, british airways livery:

CRJ selected next, Air France livery:

I also tried exporting the texture and it exports exactly as on the screen.

Any thoughts? I'd like to be able to get a template exported, produce the Horizon livery then use it to create the new CRJ variation...

Thanks in advance...

itifonhom View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itifonhom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2009 at 8:48pm
   I got exactly the same problem. Already reported to JustFlight. If you like, do the same, I suppose Martyn already knows this issue.

itifonhom
Not just an Air Crash!!!

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 1:11am
Yes, confirmed, the Traffic Paint X program does behave strangely sometimes and show incorrect liverys. I have also had it crash a few times simply by clicking on an aircraft where it seemed incapable of displaying a livery at all (as though one didn't exist).

I am hoping the issues can be sorted. I am also hoping that Just Flight produces a Tutorial about how to fully use this program. Not just how to click around the menus and see different liveries, but also how to properly ADD a new livery, and, even better, how to edit a livery in, say, Photoshop and then have that livery appear for use. Other tutorials on the Internet about how to repaint aircraft make too many assumptions that you already know about importing, exporting, layers, .DDS file formats, etc. That's all well and good, but it all sounds rather complicated. Surely it's not that hard. So a Just Flight tutorial on the Traffic Paint X program would possibly help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic