This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More GA Planes - Finally Know How To

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apollon01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More GA Planes - Finally Know How To
    Posted: 02 May 2009 at 4:08pm
Hello,

I hope this little (and actually very simple) trick helps all of you who want to see more AI GA planes generated by TrafficX.

I noticed that all default GA planes had by default Parking Radius set to 16. Decreasing this value wil populate more GA parking slots with the planes.

However, to find the sweet spot it is not a very straightforward process. It is necessary to play with the values for each type and for me it worked well when I set Cessna 172 with Parking Radius 5 and the Beech Baron 58 with 14, Mooney with 12 etc. The lower the setting the more frequent the appearance.

The same applies for imported planes. Initially my problem was that they came in with very low Parking Raduis (of 5) and consequently they dominated the generated Flight Plans. Putting the values of the default GA planes in line with those of imported planes worked great.

Now I have my GAs flying around in more realistic numbers Wink

Milan
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 12:27am
This is a very good tip.

I suppose it would depend on the airports (and their respective parking space sizes) in the region you are trying to populate. As you say, it is necessary to play with the values for each aircraft type to find the sweet spot.

I wonder if the airports and respective parking space sizes in each region of the world are basically the same or whether you have achieved a nice sweet spot only in the region where you are currently flying, but have inadvertently ended up with too many (or even too few) planes in other regions? Although, having said that, I would expect the airports and parking sizes to be consistent all over the globe.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic