This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Real World Aviation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC Pilot Failed Breat Test

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC Pilot Failed Breat Test
    Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 5:52pm
An Air Canada pilot failed a breath test at Heathrow after staff reportedly smelt alcohol in his breath, he has been jailed until June 12th,

*** i like the way they print a pic of a A330 when in fact the aircraft was a 777-300, ( just a little note there )

CyprusAirwaysA330 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyprusAirwaysA330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 7:49pm
The passenger number is wrong, the plane is actually an A330.
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 9:05pm
It is his own fault, who else can he blame??

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 10:25pm
Agreed.

I know why it happens, but still...

Best regards,
Vulcan.
767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 9:11am
Originally posted by CyprusAirwaysA330 CyprusAirwaysA330 wrote:

No it is not, the plane is actually a 777-300ER, look at the picture of the pilot it shows a bit of Boeing colour in the background not Airbus blue, but the biggest clue is this :

Sorry but i never trust the media to get all their ''facts'' right when it comes to Aviation
767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 9:12am
I don't know why they risk it, if you get a couple of nights rest during long haul flights then fine, not a problem, but to do it the night before is just pure stupidity to me.
CyprusAirwaysA330 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyprusAirwaysA330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by 767nutter 767nutter wrote:

Originally posted by CyprusAirwaysA330 CyprusAirwaysA330 wrote:

No it is not, the plane is actually a 777-300ER, look at the picture of the pilot it shows a bit of Boeing colour in the background not Airbus blue, but the biggest clue is this :

Sorry but i never trust the media to get all their ''facts'' right when it comes to Aviation

Oh my bad, every single time I've flown that route it's been an A330, didn't know that Calgary had enough traffic for a 77W.  Actually, just though as I was writing, AC is Project XM refurbishing it's A330s.  Thats why there isn't an A330 on the route, as at least one is out of service being upgraded.

roachy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 7:03pm
This was discussed on Airliners.net just a few days ago.
The blood alcohol test revealed that the Captain had well below the legal limit in his system - the breath test was a false positive. Also, he was the relief pilot, wasn't originally meant to be the captain of that flight.
Luke Roach
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic