This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Re: Question on Traffic X flights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Akamoke View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akamoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Re: Question on Traffic X flights
    Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 2:11pm
Thank you so much!!, this is helpful

Maybe, (and perhaps I am being ungrateful here) one day Traffic X can allow you to import real world traffic by importing one file...butI like T-X so far
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 1:46pm
1. Traffic X does not include real-world schedules. Neither does it have an option to import such. However, it does provide tools for you to add, edit and otherwise manipulate flight plans to your own choosing. It is therefore possible to manually add in schedules that would match the real-world ones. It may not always be possible to get these 100% correct, but close enough.

2. It does not automatically do updates on planes. However, it does have features which allow you to import other planes that you have downloaded or purchased and use them in your flight plans. It also has a cool chrono feature which you can use to only see planes from particular years. For example, the Concorde went out of service in 2003. You can set Traffic X to only show you the Concorde if you set the year in FSX to before 2003, or you can remove the date on the Concorde in the flight plans and get it to show all the time if you wish.

3. To help with the number of "go arounds" and make them work in a more "realistic" way, with better spacing and holding patterns etc, download a program called "AISmooth". You can find it here: http://www.sg-flightware.de/. AISmooth will drastically reduce the number of go-arounds of AI traffic at airports.  It works not just with Traffic X's AI, but all AI in general (in other words AI from other programs as well).

4. There is no way to assign runways for landings or takeoffs. This is handled by FSX based on wind direction and the specific airport file within FSX.
Akamoke View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akamoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 12:30pm

Newbe Question (Im sure there are lots of these)

I just bought the Traffic X software. I used to use Ultimate Traffic until a friend convinced me to look into Traffic X

1. Some of the features of Ultimate Traffic was giving you  options to import actual flight schedules and also updates on Aircrafts as well. I was wondering if Traffic X allows you to import actual air traffic and update planes, if so can someone please point me to where in the tutorial i can read up on this

2. On a side note, i do not see anywhere where Traffic X does an automatic update on planes etc

3. Also, when I used Ultimate Traffic, sometimes, I see four or five planes coming in to land , the first one lands but the other 3 have to "go round"..is there a way to mitigate these

4. Is there a way to also assign runways for landing and taking off, or is this an FSX issue

Thanks in advance
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic