This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worst Labour Result for 40 Years!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worst Labour Result for 40 Years!
    Posted: 02 May 2008 at 7:51pm

Are these the classic signs of a government loosing the next election???

ConcordeGuy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2008 at 8:06pm
I'm not suprised...I'm not having Labour running this country when I'm old enough to leave the nest.
ross1562 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ross1562 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2008 at 8:28pm
Lets hope so!! Woohoo Clap
Ross1562(Air Observer)

FSX SP1 SP2.
DellE520, 8600GT, nHancer, 3GB Ram, Intell Duo Core

mutley View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
Pilot Extraordinaire!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2008 at 8:38pm
About time the country came to its senses and ditch this rabble, Tony Bliar (spelling intended) knew what he was doing leaving when he did.

Now the country is in ruins down to a decade of mis-management and cow-tailing to the liberals to get the popular vote.

Good riddance.

I'll get off the fence now.
Hot_Charlie View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot_Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2008 at 9:04pm
Labour MP Ed Balls, in a previous life an economic adviser to a certain Chancellor called Brown, was heard to say that the results were "something like the worst for 20 years"...

...so that's how good his grasp of numbers is, and he used to advise Gordon Brown as Chancellor...

...ah.Embarrassed
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2008 at 9:31pm
I agree that Labour are useless, but do you really think things will be different with any other party in power? Give it a couple of years and the next party in power will be getting criticised for every decision they make.

Personally I would hate Cameron to get into power, his idea of politics is biatching about opposition...typical Eton type
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Kelvin_C-J View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelvin_C-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2008 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

typical Eton type

Dang right!Wink
Best Regards,
Kelvin Chilvers-Jones

mutley View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
Pilot Extraordinaire!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2008 at 10:14pm
Nothing compares with the blonde bombshell (Boris J)  Tongue Upper class twit of the year!
Hot_Charlie View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot_Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2008 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

I agree that Labour are useless, but do you really think things will be different with any other party in power? Give it a couple of years and the next party in power will be getting criticised for every decision they make.

Personally I would hate Cameron to get into power, his idea of politics is biatching about opposition...typical Eton type

One thing Cameron does have is one of the UK's largest and highest profile military bases in his constituency. Traditionally the Tories have been a little fairer to the armed forces (people always go on about the 90s cuts, which were entirely necessary with the collapse of the iron curtain, but then again, now we are in 2 major conflicts with no real additional spending on defence). Swiss Des would also be out of a job too.

Anything will be better than a poor ex-chancellor now down an impression of a premier who is somewhat bereft of both charisma and leadership. I find 2lbs of lead more inspiring.
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 12:19am
I'm not surprised! I'm surprised people voted for them back in 1997 - the writing was on the wall even then that they'd screw the job up big-time. Ouch

None of the parties are worthy of a vote at the moment; they're all liars and in it for themselves. Start by paying them no more than £25,000/year for the job, and then see who's left (oh, and ban them from being able to hire relatives).

Best regards,
Vulcan.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic