This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Missing Chia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Missing Chia
    Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 4:39pm

I was interested if anyone knows why Traffic X does not have any flights or AI in China... Has at Hong Kong but go to Shenzhen and you find its empty, go to Guangzhou and its empty in fact go to any airport in China and there all empty... this is very disappointing as I do most of my flights in Asia.

My Traffic X is well covered in China, Ok some of the AI is well out of date but at least its there...

Any feed back would be great..

Regards

BobJ  

Dc-10 nutter View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 6:05pm
When you say empty do you mean nothing or very little?? I have the traffic hot fix which adds loads more traffic here are two screen shots

Guangzhou

Shenzhen

I admit not much but there is something.  try the hot fix from support.
up,up,up into the cruise, down,down,down into Toulouse

Bobj View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 6:55pm

Hi, thinks for the reply, and your right can find one or two if you’re lucky... I have the update but in fact made no difference to China. Both Guangzhou and Shenzhen are very busy airports in fact GZ more so as is a major hub.. also go look at Beijing and Pudong (Shanghai) its the same for them also, EMPTY... I am married to a Chinese lady so we have been to most of China so understand how busy it is... Even Shanzhen as this is where she lived.

With “My Traffic X”  even at 80% you get a good coverage... I do have some photos from My Traffic X but i’m not sure how to upload.. I took Traffic X off due to this problem... as i feel the product is not finished... Why should i buy a Traffic program but i need to fill in all the airports... like having a dog and barking yourself...

How do  i get the photos up loaded..?
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 7:35pm
Yes I do think that it was rushed to get it out for christmas.  some places like Hawaii don't have much but other places such as gatwick have loads.

To upload pics you will need a photo bucket acount and if you have photo shop then what I do is process multiple files and Save them a JPEG.  jpeg is small and doesn't take up much download limit.  Photo bucket if free to rgester to.  Just take a look at this tutorial.
http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3976

P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 7:36pm
for fsx you don't need to open paint to take the shots as it saves them in to a folder called flight simulator x files in your pictures.

Bobj View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2009 at 10:26am
Seems a bit of a pain... so will not upload... don't no why you can not just upload... anyway thats life... will stick with My Traffic X untill Just Flight do a better job on there Traffix X and fill in the missing AI...

Just Flight is a UK company so places like Gatwick and Heathrow have loads so its no supprise there full... Maybe someone at Just Flight will read this and do somthing regarding other airports... or even some users will add flight plans and also airlines... i live in hope...
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2009 at 10:52am
Traffic X does provide the ability for you to add (and edit) your own flight plans. Shenzhen is certainly void of planes (a total of only 3 flight plans are scheduled to fly there), but Traffic X allows you to completely customise the airports to your own liking (for whichever region you like to fly in). Shenzhen, and indeed all of China, can be brought to life. A small investment in time, a lot of fun, and great rewards as a result.

I fly in Australia, a country with many many small airports in extremely remote places. Traffic X provided traffic for the larger airports, but many of the smaller ones had none. After working on the flight plans, I can now fly to any airport in Australia, no matter how remote it is, and there are planes there. Better, I have tweaked the major airports and set up cargo routes and more realistic (and numerous) international arrivals. It's great!

With some flight plan adding and editing, your China can be brought to life. Traffic X provides the tools. And it can be a lot of fun.

However, if adding and editing flight plans is not for you, then that's fine too.
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2009 at 4:38pm
The above postings bring several thoughts to my mind:

First of all, Bobj, I hope you will take up freddy on his suggestion of setting up your own flight plans for China. I hope you will end up with the airports and skies of China filled with aircraft. There is something very satisfying about seeing aircraft arrive and depart from airports based upon the flight plans that have been created as a result of your own efforts.

Having said that, I also recognize that countries such as China and Australia are huge. Setting up your own flight plans to cover a large country takes time and effort. I am wondering if anyone has given any thought as to what would be required for TRADING FLIGHT PLANS? (Perhaps anyone who responds to this question should provide their thoughts by setting up "TRADING FLIGHT PLANS" as a new posting subject). I would love to have freddy's flight plans for Australia, and, Bobj, if you decide to create an extensive set of your own flight plans for China, I am sure that I would rather obtain those flight plans from you instead of having to replicate your efforts. Additionally, if others have already set up flight plans for a portion of a large country (southeast China, for example), then if trading flight plans could be done, it would not be necessary to create your own flight plans for an area such as southeast China for which flight plans already existed.

On the subject of uploading photos: Yes, it's a bit of a pain to have to upload photos to a photo site and then link to those photos. If, however, part of the roadblock to your sharing photos is the fact you don't own a commercial program such as Photoshop (mentioned by Dc-10 nutter, above), then be aware that freeware programs such as Irfanview are available to do batch conversions of photos from one format to another. If you are using FSX, itself, to capture screenshots, the file size of each resulting .bmp screenshot is approximately 6 MEGABYTES. That certainly makes necessary the use a program that can compress those huge .bmps into a format such as .jpg.
Bobj View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2009 at 7:37pm
Hi soaranden,

Thanks for the feed back, I do have Photoshop so makeing the images is not the problim, time is.. going to Madrid in the morning on a BA321 at 08:15 so doing the garden in the sunshine today... The trip by the way is business so as you see it takes up a load of time..

I will maybe later in the year take some time out to look at flight plans and also your thoughts on Trading Flight plans is a good one... I was hoping the Traffic X had China so you can see im a little disapointed it does not.. went back to My Traffix X as this has loads... but the paints are a bit naff...

Anyway, maybe someone will take up your idear and start the trading...

Thanks again for your feedback...

Bob j 

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2009 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Soaranden Soaranden wrote:

..... I also recognize that countries such as China and Australia are huge. Setting up your own flight plans to cover a large country takes time and effort. I am wondering if anyone has given any thought as to what would be required for TRADING FLIGHT PLANS? (Perhaps anyone who responds to this question should provide their thoughts by setting up "TRADING FLIGHT PLANS" as a new posting subject). I would love to have freddy's flight plans for Australia, and, Bobj, if you decide to create an extensive set of your own flight plans for China, I am sure that I would rather obtain those flight plans from you instead of having to replicate your efforts. Additionally, if others have already set up flight plans for a portion of a large country (southeast China, for example), then if trading flight plans could be done, it would not be necessary to create your own flight plans for an area such as southeast China for which flight plans already existed.

Hmmm ... a good idea for a forum topic.  I'll start the ball rolling ...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic