This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Airbus Collection: Long Haul Crashes My FS :(

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liamr685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airbus Collection: Long Haul Crashes My FS :(
    Posted: 17 Apr 2009 at 12:34pm
When doing long haul flight in the a330/a340 FS2004 crashes when i start to decend, it happend with all aircraft thet came in this addon, i can do a 4 hour flight fine, 5 hours is pushing it it may crash on decent it may not, 6 hours + my FS always crashes when i decend whilst flying in any aircraft from ths addon. I have the A340-500/600 and i have no problem with that

I have istalled the new service pack for Airbus Collection: Longhaul and in the description it fixes the external lights, does it fix my problem? i would test it but if my fs crashes its a wast of  6 hour + flight

if not is thier anyway to fix this problem for Airbus collection: Long Haul?

Oh
Im running the FS2004 versian on Windows XP

Please reply
                    Thankyou
                                   Liam
www.aeronet247.com
Dc-10 nutter View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 6:10pm
I don't think it's the service pack or fs. I'm not sure.  if you decend after 4 does it crash? you could try doing 4 houurs save shut fs do 4 more hours save shut ect ect.  it might be worth contacting support. but I am not sure what this is.
up,up,up into the cruise, down,down,down into Toulouse

liamr685 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liamr685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 6:26pm
i have also contaced CLS, they have told me to rise my virtual memory by 5-6mb and see what happens, which i have done and ill st it asap, as i just got home today from a holiday ., but if that dont work i have to contact hem again
www.aeronet247.com
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 7:40pm
Have you got the JF version or did you get it from CLS? And where was the sevice pack from?

liamr685 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liamr685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 7:44pm
I bought the justflight/F-lite Airbus collection: long haul CD/DVD and i got service pack 3 from the support section on justflight.com, i just posted on the CLS forum to see what they say, and they also know i got the Justflight versian
www.aeronet247.com
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 8:12pm
I don't really know what this is. it baffles me.  have you contacted JF support?  you say no prob with the A340 500/600.  I think that it might be a problem with the actual add-onn itself.  I need to know if you get this with any other aircraft such as the defult 747.  By the sound of it I don't think that it's an fs problem. I go away and think but mabey monday on of the staff will see this if we can't sort it out our selfs.

liamr685 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liamr685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 8:16pm
i only get it with the Airbus collection: Long hul addon, ive upped my virtual memory, and im flying the a340-300 nw on a short flight cos i missed this addon whilst away . :) but i dont get it in the A340-500/600 (Purchased from commerciallevel.com) i dont get it in default aircraft, not like i fly them often, its just the Airbus collection: Long haul, cos its what i fly the most along side the a340-500/600
www.aeronet247.com
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 8:19pm
you don't get it with the othe planes? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm theonty thing that I can think of is that the add-onn itself is brokenand do you only get it in the decent? I need to know as much as possible such as
when it happens
and
do you get any error messages such as a fatel error ocurred.
and any thing else.

liamr685 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liamr685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 8:26pm
i used to get it on my laptop aswell, and get virtual memory low warning, but on my new pc theres no warning, the screen goes black when i pan around the VC or change view and then it crashes to desktop

pc specs
Windows XP SP3
AMD Athlon 64X2 duel core processor 5000+ 2.60GHz
4 gig of ram
Nvidea/Asus Chipset motherboard
Nvidea 9600gt Graphics card
Asus 9600 Video card

fs specs

FS9.0
Airbus Collection: Long haul + SP3 Installed

www.aeronet247.com
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 8:32pm
I don't think that it's the pc specs.  It maybe your graphics card even if the pc is new the graphics card maybe well out of date. chech Nvidia and update your mother board and graphic card I di with mine and I got about 15 more frames then ever!! I run fsx with the add-onn and very rarely get problems but I did the other day the vc went black so i hit the start key and brought it back to the desk top went back to fs and the vc was back to normal.

you also have fs 9.0 nat a prob but also try updating fs.  microsoft released a patch ages ago and it was a fs 9.1 update which updates fs9.  try that and see.

P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 8:34pm

liamr685 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liamr685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 8:35pm
there are ppl with lower spec pcs, graphic cards and mother boards than i have and they run this addon perfectly , i hade this pc built in november 2008, i cant update fs everytime i do that patch install i get an error :(
www.aeronet247.com
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 8:35pm
what error do you get?

liamr685 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liamr685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 8:38pm
some internal error from the patch installer itself, ive dowloaded it serverall times and from diferent internet providers like firefox, chrome, AOL and internet explorer, i also tried instaling it when i re installed fs with no addons, still the same error
www.aeronet247.com
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 8:39pm
Okay that might be microsoft playing up.  if not try to get it tomorrow.  let it download re boot the pc then try to install it and make sure that disc 4 is in the drive.

liamr685 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liamr685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 8:41pm
ahhhhh so disk 4 HAS to be in when trying to install it? cos i havnt done that bit .
www.aeronet247.com
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 8:42pm
also the download says 1hr 6 mins. oh no thats dial up for god sake don't use that it's slower than a snail! and you can't use the phone.  try dsl/cable and see but don't keep clicking or you will end yp downloading it several times.

P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 8:43pm
also just a thought how much space is on the hard drive?

liamr685 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liamr685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 8:44pm
One thing i do know is i not on dial up :) i remmeber them days the dial tone that went on four hours .

its a 350GB HDD and i only have FS2004 installed on it as far as large games go
www.aeronet247.com
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 8:50pm
okay it's not the hard drive space then as you have bucket loads left.  apart from a340 5/6 is there any other add-onns installed.  as I said let it down load re boot insert disc 4 then try again.  It might be an idea on monday to drop an e-mail into tech support and explain to them what is happening.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic