This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aircraft Recomendation?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qdrummer21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aircraft Recomendation?
    Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 10:21pm
I use TrackIR so I try to go with aircraft that have high quality and functional VCs.  I'm looking for a good FS9 STOL aircraft to use with AirHauler in the Leeward Islands (all islands from the Virgin Islands south to Dominica).  With SABA being the smallest airports I figured it's real world aircraft the Twotter and Islander would be good choices but I havn't found any freeware versions that meet my standards.  From what I can tell the only payware Twotter is only compatible with FSX.

As a result I'm playing with the idea of the Flight1 PC-12.  I'm not sure which variant this is model is based off of but the Pilatus website says the NG model has a 1,650ft. groun roll at max t/o weight from SL on an ISA day with Flaps 30.  Even lightly loaded SABA (1300') may be pushing this aircraft beyond what it's designed for and I'm OK with that, although the Pilatus sight says as long as I'm under 9,000 total weight I should be good.  The next smallest airfield I would be running it out of would be 1600' and then the next would be 1969'.  So I would be able to get out of all but 2 airports I fly too at max t/o weight according to Pilatus website.

Does anyone use this model that could comment on it's performance as a STOL aircraft.  I know the numbers Pilatus puts out are "ideal" and generally only good for marketing purposes, what are the numbers you generally see?

Thanks in advance!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic