This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your fav tv shows!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2009 at 10:39am
Ouch!  That's probably only for Freeview.  You could get Freesat - same channels as Freeview and the same sort of thing (no subscription needed etc) but it gets the signals from sattelite rather than a conventional TV arial.
Kind regards,
Tom
In Kontrol View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote In Kontrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2009 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by twright twright wrote:

Originally posted by TomA320 TomA320 wrote:

You are all so luckey that you get Sky and digital, I don't have a signal in my area so all I get is chanels 1-5Cry
How do you LIVE? .

That's the most pathetic comment I've ever read, you should be ashamed of yourself. At least he's got a TV, unlike some people.
jupp94 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jupp94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2009 at 8:07pm
Scrubs!!Wink
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2009 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by In Kontrol In Kontrol wrote:

That's the most pathetic comment I've ever read, you should be ashamed of yourself. At least he's got a TV, unlike some people.
It's called a joke. Hence why there was a ' . ' after it. It was obviously wasted on you.
Kind regards,
Tom
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2009 at 10:24pm
I'd have to say...

Dexter
The Wire
Sopranoes
West Wing
Family Guy
Stringbean View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stringbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 7:55am
I hardly watch television these days and that's the way it's been for the past ten or so years for me. I refuse to watch the vast amount of drivel and trash that is served up.

For me personally, quality TV started it's long slow decline when independent regional TV companies such as Thames Television lost it's franchise along with it's subsidiary Euston films, which made programs like the Sweeney and Minder. London Weekend Television (LWT) also produced good entertainment on the weekends. Channel 4 (Film Four) also used to produce some great British drama. Political Correctness now dictates what can and cannot be shown. Digital TV was growing with it's multiple choice of channels all competing with one another. 

I refuse to have any pay-for TV channels because most of the time, most of the classic stuff that I like is cut and edited for fear it will upset the PC brigade. 

Thank goodness for DVD. I watch all my favourite programs now such as classic home grown 60's, 70's and 80's sitcoms and dramas on DVD.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 8:33am
which made programs like the Sweeney and Minder

Confused Yuk! 

As they say Stringy, the apreciation of anything is subjective.

refuse to watch the vast amount of drivel and trash that is served up.

Plenty of great documentaries on Discovery Stringy, and who knows, perhaps there's a sci-fi fan hiding in their somewhere?  Big%20smile

Or perhaps not! Wink
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 8:48am
Personally I think that the cream of what is being produced at the moment is probably better than anything that's ever been created for TV. Not so much in the UK as I haven't seen a really good series/program for a long time but HBO in the States (amongst others) do excellent series.
People just wouldn't have the guts to make a program like the fantastic Dexter in this country. They would rather produce maundering borefests like "Lewis" and try to silence anyone trying to produce anything controversial

P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stringbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 9:00am
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

As they say Stringy, the apreciation of anything is subjective.

Absolutely.

As I explained in my post, these are my thoughts and opinions on the state of television programing today and I stand by it. TV today has (and continues), to go downhill. The only television I watch nowadays is the evening Channel 4 news and perhaps one or two other programs such as documentaries and current affairs.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 9:45am
Sweeney... I think you like big policeman wielding their truncheons. Big%20smile
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 10:21am
I'm quite addicted to crude yank cartoons

Family Guy
American Dad
South Park
Scrubs
Most documentaries and factual programs
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stringbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 10:22am
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

Sweeney... I think you like big policeman wielding their truncheons. Big%20smile

Big%20smile

Actually though, The Sweeney, as you know, only involved the Flying Squad. They didn't use truncheons, they just gave the bad guys a good kicking once in a while! It's the boys in blue.."Wooden Tops", who carry truncheons. So for truncheons, I'll watch my mid 1980's classic episodes of...The Bill.., or the more softer...Juliet Bravo which I have on DVD. Wink
767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 4:40pm
Quoting Vulcan:
CSI:Miami (the best version)

Spot on! CSI ( all version really ) are a great series but yes CSI: Miami is my fav!

My list:
Supernatural
CSI: Miami,
Air Crash Investigation
Top Gear
Simpsons
South Park
Airline/Airport
Whose Line is it AnywayUS
Only Fools and Horses
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by 767nutter 767nutter wrote:

Only Fools and Horses
I love Only Fools and Horses!! Big%20smile  I've collected every episode of it on DVD over the past couple of years!
Kind regards,
Tom
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 8:32pm
I forgot to mention
The Jeramey Kyle show
Jerry Springer.Embarrassed 

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Edward Longe Edward Longe wrote:

I forgot to mention
The Jeramey Kyle show
Jerry Springer.Embarrassed 

What! kyle is a right moob! tho this clip is the best bit on any of his shows ever and made me laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIGi3hvp8KA

Flightboy

Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 8:42pm

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 8:45pm
The Sarah Connor Chronicles, if you're in to the terminator mythology.

On tonight on Virgin.
767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by twright twright wrote:

Originally posted by 767nutter 767nutter wrote:

Only Fools and Horses
I love Only Fools and Horses!! Big%20smile  I've collected every episode of it on DVD over the past couple of years!

When i did Security for Virgin ( before they turned into Censored Zavvi ) they had a limited edition collectors item of every single episode of Only Fools and Horses plus the xmas specials and interviews with all the actors/actresses and a documentry of the programme in one box, only £299!!!
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 3:11pm
Airline
Airport
Family Guy
The Simpsons
Futurama
Come Dine with Me
Air Crash Investigators
Extrodinary People
Generic forum signature
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic