This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

average fuel consumption?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote invisible_me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: average fuel consumption?
    Posted: 14 Apr 2009 at 2:20pm

what is the average fuel consumption per hour for A330-300 and A340-300....

i have been struggling to 'load' the correct amount of fuel... either too much or too little....

thanks for you help....

happy flying....

Dc-10 nutter View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2009 at 8:27pm
Hi,
as with a lot of things it depends on your speed, altittude, winds.  for me flying at 34,000ft at 480ish kts i get about 500 ish gallons an hour.  you  should always put in more then enough for me about 1000 gallons more then I need depending on which internatiinal airport I am going to as I know say for example Heathrow I know I will need to go around at least once.

for fuel planing what i do and it always works is select the plane first, then make the flight plane and look at the nav log page in the flight planing bit and that tells me how much to put in. I hope this helps.
up,up,up into the cruise, down,down,down into Toulouse

TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2009 at 8:45am
Load it with approx 3 tones per engine per hour.  There is more thrust used in the climb, but this is compensated for in the decent.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic