This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who's sitting their A-Levels this May ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's sitting their A-Levels this May ?
    Posted: 13 Apr 2009 at 4:55pm
Oh dear,

I should spend less time fiddling about on FS2004, and more time revising A/S Physics !

Anyone else sitting their exams this summer ?
Generic forum signature
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2009 at 5:03pm
My daughter will be doing her GCSE's Chris.

At 6th form she's doing philosophy, accounting, and one or two subjects relating to IT and business I seem to recall.

My sons doing sociology at uni.
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2009 at 6:48pm
I am! Doing A/S Physics and Maths this summer!  Can't wait!  Really should get on with some revision - haven't touched a single textbook / revision guide over the Easter hols!!
Kind regards,
Tom
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2009 at 8:22pm
Im predicted to fail physics Cry

I had to be in a "special learning" group all through primary school.  Unfortunantly I dont think I can become a pilot when im olderCryCryCryCryCryCryCry
Generic forum signature
ConcordeGuy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2009 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by 737Chris 737Chris wrote:

Im predicted to fail physics Cry

I had to be in a "special learning" group all through primary school.  Unfortunantly I dont think I can become a pilot when im olderCryCryCryCryCryCryCry

Well if you think that then you will fail. My maths sucks..it sucks so bad that I have been moved to a "special" group because I got a G in the mock. But I am confident that I will be entered for the physics A-level and pass maths with a C. Just REVISE!!
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2009 at 10:35pm
My maths sucks aswell. I got a D in my maths exam in November but I'm going to resit. I have a tutor and it has become a lot better! Still want to take GCSE maths a collage. My English is also alot better!

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
theryanbradley View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theryanbradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2009 at 1:05am
Meee. AS Maths (Second try), Physics (also second try) and Applied Business Studies.

Every minute of effort you do or don't put in will be clear in August when you're sat with a piece of paper in your hands that lists your grades. I did three subjects last year at AS and passed one (Biology, E), take my word for it, it isn't nice. The simple fact is I didn't get my head down to study often enough and such I wasted a year of my life. Please do not do the same.

Really need to get head down this week, would really love it if it dragged a little though.
Many Thanks,

Ryan

There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician, the other is an artist in love with flight.
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2009 at 2:01pm
Hey man, thanks for that reply.

Its given me abit of a jump start I needed.  I have to stay 3 years at college as apposed to 2 years, but it would be nice to get some good grades in the first year.

Good luck for your exams, and I'll let you know how i did in August.
Generic forum signature
wisemanp View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wisemanp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2009 at 2:59pm
I'm sitting AS Physics, Geography, and a bunch of Maths modules (C3, C4, M1 and S1, as I'm doing A level Further Maths next year...)
Trying to do an M1 past paper at the moment but as you can tell have become side tracked...
I need to learn all my case studies for geography as well...
Regards, Phil

You'll Never Walk Alone
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2009 at 4:29pm
Ahh yeah, I'm doing Geography also.  The case studies are abit of an annoyance.

I'm doing one flight on FS9 before i start todays revision, if i dont ill get desperate while im revising !Tongue

EGCC (MAN) > LFPG (De-Gaulle)
737-300 EZY
Passing COWLY en route to SFD
Not long to go now Tongue

But after this ill put my revision hat on
Generic forum signature
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2009 at 4:40pm
I know this is off the subject a bit but I need to learn how to use the Censored flying computer! I also need to memorise my memory checks (thank you flying club X)

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
jack-c- View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack-c- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2009 at 9:41pm
im doin ma g.c.s.e and predit good grades!

in A-level iam think i am gonig to do Applied I.C.T, geography, physics and buisness studies!!

good luck every 1 with exams over the next few moths!!
roachy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 11:38am
I've got 13 AS exams lined up for this summer Cry

- Maths C1 and C2
 - Maths Core combined
 - Maths D1
 - Further Maths D2
 - Further Maths FP1
 - Physics x 2
 - Economics x 2
 - Critical thinking (the most ridiculous waste of an hour a week lesson ever) x 3

I'm not going to be a happy bunny come May/June Disapprove
And the worst part about it... I'm having to get A's in three of those, if not four, to stand a chance at getting a place in Warwick.

Good luck with the exams everyone thoughThumbs%20Up
Luke Roach
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic