This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tell us your Company and show us your logo!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2009 at 6:49pm
Hi mutley,

HAEC stands simply for HAE Cargo.....HAE are my initials....Wink

And yes, I use Raw Grit PNG, bought it once it was on the market, and with AH, I use it even more often (always would be a more appropriate word.... )

Did he used our AH logo?.....mmmm better should keep my eyes open Embarrassed. My guess he'll use one of the larger fields of his package...AYTK (Tokua).

Cheers

gilb29 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gilb29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2009 at 9:59pm
OK i have a question! I can create logos for all :) But how do i add logo to a hanger at my airport? or change hangers around etc at my airport?
Revsarge View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revsarge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2009 at 12:46am
The answer to this question will be one several people have an interest in. 

Marty
Chock View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2009 at 3:24pm
I presume you mean this sort of malarkey:

In that case I made the building myself and added the texture to it. You can do that sort of thing in a number of ways. The cheapest way is to use GMax from the scenery development kit for flight simulator, since GMax is free and included in there, however, GMax is a chopped-down version of 3DSMax, which is a complicated 3D modeling program that costs over 2 grand, so even though GMax is free and you can make scenery and aircraft with it, it takes more than five minutes to learn how it works, so might not be the best choice if all you want to do is press a few buttons. So, you may be looking for an alternative approach.

Alternative approach number one is to find the texture file which relates to the building you want to change the appearance of, and modify that texture, however, that's not quite as simple as it sounds, because FS uses many generic textures for many of the airport buildings, which means you might end up with your modified texture showing up on other buildings all over the place. so, here's the easiest option, although unfortunately not free:

Get hold of Flight Simulator Design Studio (note that the current version is V3.5, and not the one shown on that link): http://www.abacuspub.com/catalog/s492frame.htm

It'll set you back 49 Dollars, but it is the easiest way to create both aircraft and scenery for FS, the program is simple to use and learn, with an excellent series of tutorials included which will show even the most ham-fisted person how to create a fully animated aircraft for either FS9 or FSX, so it would probably take you about ten minutes to figure out how to make a hangar and place it wherever you wanted in FS. 49 Dollars might seem a fair chunk of change, but when you consider that it will let you make anything you like for your flight sim, if that kind of thing appeals to you, then it's actually a real bargain.

It's worth pointing out that I actually train people on 3DSMax, so I certainly know how to use GMax, but still prefer to use FSDS for this sort of thing because it is so simple and powerful. In the case of the building in the picture above, I created the building texture by making a blank Photoshop file and drawing the sides of the building in Photoshop, then I converted that file into a DXT file with DXTBmp, then I fired up FSDS, drew a box, and mapped the texture file onto the sides and top of the box. The building may look like it has recessed doors and all that kind of fancy stuff going on, but they are only on the textures, and it really is just a simple flat-sided box which took two seconds to create in FSDS.

Having said that, it would certainly have been possible to create a really fancy affair with animated opening doors or stuff like that if I had wanted to, but in my case I simply wanted a frame-rate friendly building which I could plonk at any base I bought in AH, because I'm going to add some clutter around it such as company trucks and cargo pallets etc.

To place my newly created building in FS, I simply drove my plane up to where I wanted the building and saved the flight in FS. Having done that, FSDS will allow you to import the location from a saved FS flight and use it as the location to place your newly created scenery. You choose that location, hit create, and it builds a BGL file which you can then simply drop into the FS scenery folder and bob's yer uncle, the building appears in FS.

Al
hobofat View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hobofat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2009 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Hank Hank wrote:

Hi mutley,

And yes, I use Raw Grit PNG, bought it once it was on the market, and with AH, I use it even more often (always would be a more appropriate word.... )

Did he used our AH logo?.....mmmm better should keep my eyes open Embarrassed. My guess he'll use one of the larger fields of his package...AYTK (Tokua).

Cheers

Aye, check out Bu.o (BUO)!
outfctrl View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outfctrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2009 at 9:34am
Here is mine:

allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2009 at 3:39pm
Hmmm,  a freight company with "delay" embedded in the name.  What do your marketing people think of that?  Wink

John
John Allard
outfctrl View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outfctrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2009 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by allardjd allardjd wrote:

Hmmm,  a freight company with "delay" embedded in the name.  What do your marketing people think of that?  Wink

John

Yea, but I wonder what they thought of Microsoft.  Small and soft. 
It will never work.  Smile
Hank View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2009 at 10:10am
Originally posted by hobofat hobofat wrote:

Originally posted by Hank Hank wrote:

Hi mutley,

Cheers

Aye, check out Bu.o (BUO)!

Found it.....Air Hauler PNG Ltd...plus the AH logo...at Bu.o.

. I hadn't had any mission to BUO yet...only  my AI lady pilot.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic