This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Hardware
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Rig Troubles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arnie321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Rig Troubles
    Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 6:27pm
At last my rig is up and running after replacing my ATI HIS Radeon 1950X 512mb graphics card. The problem i have now is the FPS rarely goes above 14-15 FPS. I have FSX settings on low to medium though when in FSX and i try to adjust the settings to try and get better performance it doesnt seem to make much difference. Do i need to restart FSX after adjustment of the settings ?. I have a fresh install of FSX with both service packs and accerleration installed, all in the correct order as advised on other threads. My spec is as follows:

Vista: Service pack 1 32 bit
AMD Athlon 64 (x2) Dual Core 6000+ 3.00 ghz
RAM 3 GB
Nvidia Ge Force 9600GT

Though my machine isnt the latest and greatest i would have thought i would get reasonable performance.

Does anyone have a similar machine that can report better performance?

Anyone any ideas to help.

arnie321 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arnie321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 12:00am
Oh please 34 views and no help Cry
ross1562 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ross1562 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 2:07am

Welcome to the forum.

Have you installed SP1 for FSX?
Your Graphics card isn't the best by a long way. Have you downloaded latest drivers for it?

No, you don't need to restart FSX after changind settings. You can even change them in game by pressing ALT.

Regards,
Ross1562(Air Observer)

FSX SP1 SP2.
DellE520, 8600GT, nHancer, 3GB Ram, Intell Duo Core

Kelvin_C-J View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelvin_C-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 9:07am
You say both service packs and accerlation, does that mean you've installed sp2 as a download and installed accerlation?
Best Regards,
Kelvin Chilvers-Jones

MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 11:28am
SP1 will give you a big jump in performance. SP2 some install some don't. Acceleration is an add-on, if you buy it it includes SP2.

You need the best CPU you can get for FSX, the sim is CPU dependent, GPU will improve performance but not by as much.
Kelvin_C-J View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelvin_C-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 11:30am
And also if you installed sp2 and accerlation seperatly, that may cause bad performance as they might cancel each other out.
Best Regards,
Kelvin Chilvers-Jones

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic