This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Hardware
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Setup.exe!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ross1562 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Setup.exe!!!!
    Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 4:45pm

Hi all,

Please can someone help me as this is driving me mad! I have recently tried a complete uninstall and re-install of all my add-ons and FSX.

I managed to uninstall most things but i can not get rid of Aerosofts Twin Otter X and JF Flying Club as when i try to uninstall them it says that Setup.exe has stopped working!!!

I googled this error and installed Regcure and did a scan and fix. This did not sort it.

Why can i not uninstall these???? Angry Please someone help me.  Cry
Ross1562(Air Observer)

FSX SP1 SP2.
DellE520, 8600GT, nHancer, 3GB Ram, Intell Duo Core

Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 4:50pm
Hi,

Usually this happens if FS is uninstalled before the add-on is removed. Please get in touch with support and we can take you through removing the remaining entry
theryanbradley View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theryanbradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 4:53pm
For Just Flight's Flying Club:

But not too sure what would cause the problem. Are you using the control panel Add/Remove Program's rather than the uninstaller in the start menu for instance. It could get to the point where the only way to delete the program would be to delete the registry entry and files.
Many Thanks,

Ryan

There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician, the other is an artist in love with flight.
ross1562 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ross1562 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 5:36pm
Yes, i think i did uninstall FSX before some of the add-ons by accident, and yes i am using the add-remove programs option within Vista.

Contacting support now.
Ross1562(Air Observer)

FSX SP1 SP2.

ross1562 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ross1562 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 5:50pm
Thanks, i have just managed to uninstall Flying Club by using the CD. As for Aerosofts My traffic X and Twotter X, i am stumped!!

I can't get rid of them to re-install them. So annoyed and perplexed!!!
Ross1562(Air Observer)

FSX SP1 SP2.

ross1562 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ross1562 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2008 at 2:42am
I have still not got anywhere with this problem!!

Can someone explain to me a little about computers and how i can tell that a program has completely uninstalled?

I reinstalled FSX and it started with the same settings that i had installed before!!! How did this happen, it must have not uninstalled fully/properly?

I want to fully uninstall everything in the confidence that everything is completely uninstalled, SP1, SP2 and SDK as well?

Advice much appreciated,

Ross1562(Air Observer)

FSX SP1 SP2.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic