This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Creating circuit traffic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote altena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Creating circuit traffic
    Posted: 01 Apr 2009 at 1:08pm

Has anyone made a flightplan where an aircraft is flying circuits?

I tried it out, as described in the tutorial. However without success.

Henk
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2009 at 10:03pm
Ah. I may be able to help here. I had some issues with my own flight plans and circuit aircraft not appearing.

I emailed support and the response was that FSX places a higher priority on AI traffic where flight plans fly the planes to and from airports. Circuit traffic is given a lower priority. And, if an airport is "busy" and has constant activity with a number of flights flying to and from it, then circuit flights will certainly be given less importance at that airport by FSX, if it even bothers to show them at all.

Just Flight support suggested that I try setting up a circuit flight at a "less busy" airport. Preferably one with only one or two other aircraft using it. Even better, set up a circuit flight at an airport with NO aircraft using it.

I tried their suggestion and, bingo!, it worked. A circuit flight was generated and I watched it fly circuits.

altena View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote altena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2009 at 11:49pm
Thanks freddy. I will follow your suggestion and try it out. Will give feedback

Henk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic