This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Twotter Fans!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Twotter Fans!
    Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 2:15pm
As you may already know, the last Twotter developed was the -300 model, and production for it ended some (20?) years ago.  Well, the good news is that a company called Viking has purchased the DHC-6 Type Certificate (and toolings as well, I think) and is now producing a -400 model.  Clap  It has the newer PT-6 powerplant, and a glass cockpit, as well as structural enhancements (carbon fiber, etc)

Now, when will Aerosoft update thier Twotter to match....
--------------------------------
Brad   
mutley View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
Pilot Extraordinaire!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 8:21pm
Quote Now, when will Aerosoft update thier Twotter to match....

Yes please!  
VH-MAL View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VH-MAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 10:14pm
I sorta like the steam-driven version of the panel (I am older after all), thanks all the same!

But glad to see that this great aircraft will continue to grace our skies.
BradS View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by VH-MAL VH-MAL wrote:

I sorta like the steam-driven version of the panel (I am older after all), thanks all the same!

But glad to see that this great aircraft will continue to grace our skies.

Yep, understand.  But....with all that extra power in the engines, and a better wing, think how much more cargo you can haul.....Wink
--------------------------------
Brad   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic