This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Unloading the Cargo and Finishing the Job Later.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unloading the Cargo and Finishing the Job Later.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WWA1935 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unloading the Cargo and Finishing the Job Later.
    Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 7:03am

I read in the manual where you can unload the cargo you are carring at any airport that you land at while enroute to it's destination.  My question is if you choose to do so whether its because of mechanical failure, emergency, or just by choice, are you fined on the spot for failing to deliver to the destination?  It would be nice if you were not fined until the time for the job expires and then the fine would be based on how far from the destination the cargo is. 

What I would like to see is, so long as time has not expired on the job to be ableto fly in another plane to where the cargo is 'frustrated" reload the cargo and finish the job without penalty so long as it's completed before the time expires.

Also (not sure if this is implemented or not) but I hope that if an aircraft needs repairs that it will be "out of service" for a specific length of time based on the extent of the damages.  It would be great if a pop-up window would come up and ask you something like "Repair cost will be $$$$ and estimated time for repairs will be XXX hrs do you wish to continue with repairs? yes or no.

Just a couple of ideas if they aren't already part of the program.  I have only flown 3 missions so far but I am enjoying Airhauler very much!!! Clap

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 8:23am
If you unload cargo at an airport which is not the destination, then it'll work out any fine immeadiately.

Note that the closer you are to the destination, the less the fine will be so you can do a wx diversion and not be too heavily penalised.

Currently, you can't drop cargo at an airport and come back for it (that's planned for a future version).

BUT - there is a work around - leave the cargo on the damage plane. Now, fly another plane to that airport. In the cargo loading screen for the first plane, you'll be be able "Transfer" the cargo from one aircraft to another :)

So you can do it, provided you leave the first aircraft and cargo there and get a second one to transfer on to.

Glad you're enjoying AirHauler :)
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
WWA1935 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WWA1935 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 2:30pm

Thanks for the reply,  I actually found that a little later in the manual.  I have been busy building my company and flying routes while reading the manual, just didn't get that far until now. 

Thanks look forward to future additions to your product later. Air Hauler seems really solid right now which is so odd these days with products being released really before they should have been.

Tip O' the hat to you Sir!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic