This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Changing aircraft basic operating parameters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Changing aircraft basic operating parameters
    Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 5:47pm
I see for the Pilatus PC-12, that most of the basic operating parameters (e.g. MTOW, cargo capacity, etc) are not correct.  How does one go about changing them?
--------------------------------
Brad   
Buceph View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buceph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 6:57pm
I suppose you could go into the database and change them.
dree View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 7:16pm
I think AH get those figures from the aircraft.cfg file so maybe you have to look there.
If you change it there you have to un and import it from AH again.

Dree
BradS View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Buceph Buceph wrote:

Checked that already...Slopey has a password on the database....smart guy...Wink.
Brad   
BradS View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by dree dree wrote:

I think AH get those figures from the aircraft.cfg file so maybe you have to look there.
If you change it there you have to un and import it from AH again.

Dree

Yep, good point.  I'm going to drop a line to Flight1 and see why they have those specific operating parameters in the aircraft.cfg, as they don't really match real world.  Perhaps they had to compromise to get some part of the flight model to work....
Brad   
Buceph View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buceph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by BradS BradS wrote:

Originally posted by Buceph Buceph wrote:

Checked that already...Slopey has a password on the database....smart guy...Wink.

I found that too.

¬_¬
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 4:24am

There is an important distinction between the Aircraft Details data that AH derives or you enter when importing an AC and the data that is contained in the aircraft.cfg file.

The AH Aircraft Details data is used by AH for various bookkeeping functions, cargo generation parameters, assumptions used for AI-flown flights, etc.  Changes made to that data will NOT affect the actual performance of your AC while flying in FS, whether it's an AH flight or not.

Changes made to the aircraft.cfg file will affect the actual performance of the AC when you fly it in FS.

Always keep a backup of the original, un-modified version of the aircraft.cfg file before making any changes.

John Allard

John Allard
Thunder175 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thunder175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2009 at 2:42am
From just a few formulas I ran really quick I think I got it. For my PSS 757-200SF I loaded into Air Hauler, it was giving me a max cargo capacity of roughly 43k LBS. By Boeing and ST Aerospace (the company that does the 752SF conversions) it should be upwards of 72,000lbs revenue cargo capacity.

Well it looks like Air Hauler looks at the Aircraft.cfg file for a particular aircraft, takes the maximum fuel load (~76,000lbs) added to the empty weight (136,940lbs) which equals in the case of the PSS 752SF roughly 213,000lbs. The MTOW weight (256,000lbs) is then subtracted by 213k which equals roughly 43,000lbs which is what Air Hauler is showing.

Problem is this is not correct. You should be able to load up to a maximum revenue cargo capacity which impacts the amount of fuel you can load. Air Hauler apparently always assumes that you will always be able to load maximum fuel at the sacrifice of revenue cargo capacity. This should be relooked at since for larger aircraft this effects their revenue cargo capacity significantly. For example Air Hauler is telling me that my 747-400BCF can only haul 143,000lbs, when specs say nearly 250,000lbs of revenue capacity.
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2009 at 3:31am

Thunder,

For user-flown flights, you may do exactly as you describe. AH will enforce the MTOW limit, but how you divide the available payload capactity between fuel and cargo is up to you.

AI pilots are not so smart and AH does assume that they will always fly with full tanks, thus limiting their cargo capacity to MTOW less empty weight and the weight of a 100% fuel load.

John Allard
John Allard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic