This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Repair Costs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gilb29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Repair Costs
    Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 9:42am
Having played around with AH for a whole day and night yesterday (wife seems upset though)Ouch. Anyway!! I have gone around it all wrong, started with 500k easy, the got a loan for 5mil to lease me a 737. then went in debt very quickly ., having got the 737 i noticed that the repairs soon mount up just after 2 flights!!. The plane went down  to 95% and it would cost 1.3mil to repair!!!.
I also noticed the learjet my AI pilot flew cost 375k repair after 3 flights!!. I know my landings where perfect so why so exspensive for the repairs?.
I did not have insurance. i didnt want to reapir on that as premium would go up.
Is this a minor bug with the quick wear and tear.
So its back to creating a new company today with just a caravan i guess, Start small build big i guess.

Anyone able to tell us how there company is going?
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 10:26am
It's not a bug, you need to land better - if you land smoothly, there's no wear and tear :)

AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 4:45am

We don't want to get too detailed about telling users how to be successful freight operators in AH.  Half the fun is discovering those things that work and don't work and getting better at it.

I'll offer this much, however... to paraphrase an old saying, defecation occurs.  Using most of your available cash and credit to buy that big bird leaves you vulnerable to the effects of damage, system failures, ham-handed AI pilots and a few other things.  Though insurance can protect you from some of it, operating with little or no financial reserve to absorb a misfortune is not likely to lead to success.

John Allard

John Allard
gilb29 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gilb29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 12:08pm
I have just found that out! Start small grow big I say my new company is going well now
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic