This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Company Error

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Company Error
    Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 12:33am
Just got it but I can't set up a new company. Once I choose my difficulty and hit next I get:

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver manager] data source name not found and no default driver specified.

Any Ideas?
I'm using Windows XP64
I've tried both Fs9 and FSX
Revsarge View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revsarge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 1:03am
John:
Try removing AH through the Add/Remove programs, then delete the Air Hauler folder and all the files and do another install and see if that clears it up.

Sarge
_popupControl();
JohnE View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 1:34am
Tried uninstalling then reinstalling twice, even re-downloaded it, but I'm still getting the same error.
Revsarge View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revsarge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 1:39am
Is your FS on the C: drive or is it on an external or secondary drive?

_popupControl();
Revsarge View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revsarge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 1:43am
Just for grins, try starting the sim and getting it up and running and then try and start AH.   I can think of several ways to check this once AH is running but you'll probably have to go to tech support on the ODBC errors.  Way outta my league.

_popupControl();
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 7:36am
JohnE - try installing to the default location - C:\Program Files (x86)

Don't install it into the Flight Sim directory.

Also - ensure your company name is under 50 characters.

Also - you need the Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 - ensure you have that and if unsure, reinstall it from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=B44A0000-ACF8-4FA1-AFFB-40E78D788B00&displaylang=en
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
JohnE View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 1:51pm
I have it installed in C:\Program Files (x86)

I've tried several different company names all under 50 char.

I cannot load version 2.0 of Net Framework because it says I have Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 SP2 already installed.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 2:05pm
AirHauler Developer
JohnE View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 5:49pm
Gave installing MDAC a shot on a fresh install, no luck.

One thing I will say is the uninstaller does not work correctly. Using Add & Remove I get a message that a restart will complete the action then it just hangs, Ive had it come back only once. Either way upon restart all the files are still there. When I reinstall the installer says it must remove an installed version and then once installed it tells me AH is already running.

BTW I'm doing this is on a clean install of Windows X64 (installed 3/19/09) thats up to date according to the MS updater. The only programs I have installed are Fs9 and FSX.

JohnE View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 5:51pm
Out of curiosity if I install it on an XP machine and network it will it work? 
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 8:54pm
Where did you install AirHauler? Is in Program Files (x86) ?
AirHauler Developer
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by JohnE JohnE wrote:

Out of curiosity if I install it on an XP machine and network it will it work? 

Nope - WideFS or networked operation is not currently supported. But it's likely to be added soon.
AirHauler Developer
JohnE View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Slopey Slopey wrote:

Where did you install AirHauler? Is in Program Files (x86) ?

Yes in the (x86) folder.

Are any of the following services needed for AH to operate? I have these set to manual or disabled.

ALERTER
CLIPBOOK
ERROR REPORTING SERVICE
HELP AND SUPPORT
INDEXING SERVICES
MESSENGER
NETMEETING REMOTE DESKTOP SHARING
NETWORK DDE
NETWORK DDE DSDM
PERFORMANCE LOGS AND ALERTS
REMOTE REGISTRY
ROUTING AND REMOTE ACCESS
TELNET
BradS View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 10:13pm

Are any of the following services needed for AH to operate? I have these set to manual or disabled.

Do you use AlacrityPC to enable/disable programs/services prior to running FSX (or even other software)?  It gives recommendations for what can be disabled or not, from a Windows perspective.
--------------------------------
Brad   
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 11:05pm
I think the problem is that you're missing the 32-bit DAO/Jet database drivers. There are no Jet drivers for 64-bit, but you should be able to install the 32-bit ones and AirHauler will use those.

I'll have a look for a link, but they're usually part of XP32 SP2.
AirHauler Developer
JohnE View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 11:33pm
I do not run Alclarity it looks interesting.

Slopey I appreciate your help with this Smile
I sent an e-mail with the full error log to JF tech support maybe that willshed a little more light on this.
JohnE View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 12:02am
I just read the Install on secondary computer? post and thought I would try installing on my work machine which has Vista64 on it, create a company and transfer the db back to my other CPU but I get the same exact error when trying to start up.

I gotta ask is anybody running on a 64 bit system?
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 12:15am
Plenty people are - I have a Vista 64 bit machine here which I reinstalled today to check - works perfectly "out of the box".

I'm checking XP64 now also. Several of the testers run 64 bit machines and we've not seen that problem before.
AirHauler Developer
BradS View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 2:38am

I just read the Install on secondary computer? post and thought I would try installing on my work machine which has Vista64 on it, create a company and transfer the db back to my other CPU but I get the same exact error when trying to start up.

I gotta ask is anybody running on a 64 bit system?

I'm running Vista x64.....I did have a few problems at the onset (lost company config, didn't register landing, etc) but after I re-created the company all seems to be working fine.
--------------------------------
Brad   
JohnE View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 4:17am
Ok I screwed the pooch when I re-downloaded the first time and inadvertently re-installed from the original DL Embarrassed
So just to be sure I re-downloaded again and re-installed clean, and got it working! So it seems I got a corrupt DL on the first go around.

Thanks for everyones input I sure learned alot about Net Framework, ODBC and JET databases Dead

Could have saved alot of time and aggravation if I only WAS PAYING ATTENTION!!! Slopey sorry I bugged you....for now Tongue

John
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic