This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler Screenshots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

$32,000 on the line...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $32,000 on the line...
    Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 6:57pm
First time with the new cargo company, very demanding, and with $32,000 on the line....don't screw it up.....Shocked

Took my first flight with AH last night, and thought I'd share that special moment.....
=======================================================
Outbound from TISX (looking back at St Croix), at cruise altitude, settling in for a smooth flight is clear weather....Clap

Looking ahead for that little island in the middle of all that water.....TFFG.....

Getting ready to setup for the final approach into TFFG....and the weather starts to kick in.  had some really good thermals/bumps under those clouds....Confused  Good thing that documents don't get airsick....Big%20smile

On final into TFFG....air bumps are gone...waiting for that final bump as we touch down and collect that $32,000 fee!!!Clap  And whats with that line of trees of the port side...?????

--------------------------------
Brad   
Brian_ View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 1:18am
Hey Brad,

If you're in the Caribbean, you've got to check out this fantastic freeware scenery:

VH-MAL View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VH-MAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 2:02am
Great shots Brad!

Saw your items on the Twotter Forum - looking forward to when I get up and running in the DHC-6 (which will be a little while after the DHC-2 and C172!).

Cheers

Malcolm
BradS View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 2:41am
Originally posted by Brian_ Brian_ wrote:

Hey Brad,

If you're in the Caribbean, you've got to check out this fantastic freeware scenery:

Yep, I'm based out of St Croix (TISX) right now and have been looking around for some good Carib scenery.  The scenery I currently use is by Toni Agramont, and while its not bad, it has some glitches, as can be seen in the last screenshot.

I'll definitely check out the link tomorrow....thanks much!

B
Brad   
BradS View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 2:45am
Originally posted by VH-MAL VH-MAL wrote:

Great shots Brad!

Saw your items on the Twotter Forum - looking forward to when I get up and running in the DHC-6 (which will be a little while after the DHC-2 and C172!).

Cheers

Malcolm

Hey Malcolm,
  Thanks.  The Aerosoft Twotter is a sweet little aircraft...can't recommend it enough.  Carry a big load, handles great, gets in and out of airports with STOL....but it does suck up a bit more fuel than I would like (~91 gal/hr) at cruise.  The DHC-2 is a good bird as well....Brian is flying a nice version of it.

Which Twotter Forum did you see that posts at?

Brad   
VH-MAL View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VH-MAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 6:34am
HI Brad

Saw you on the Aerosoft Forum - repaints thread.

Thanks for the advice!

I'll be using the Aerosoft land (wheeled version) of the Beaver.

Keep the blue side up.

Kind regards

Malcolm
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 8:33am

WOW! Great pics!  What level did you start on to use that aircraft?

mutley View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
Pilot Extraordinaire!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 9:13am
Hi Brad,
Great shots and using my favourite a/c too Thumbs%20Up

Cheers
BradS View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by TomA320 TomA320 wrote:

WOW! Great pics!  What level did you start on to use that aircraft?

Hi Tom,
  Thanks.  You can use any aircraft you have installed, as long as your company can afford it, I think.    Wink

I like flying in the Carib due to the varied scenery, mostly VFR flying, varied approaches and weather...challenging and fun.  Big%20smile
Brad   
BradS View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by mutley mutley wrote:

Hi Brad,
Great shots and using my favourite a/c too Thumbs%20Up

Cheers

Hehehehe....when I first saw your banner I gathered you were a Twotter fan as well.  Thumbs%20Up  And you actually beat me to super-imposing a Twotter over the AH banner!  Shocked.

Twotters Rule!
Brad   
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 3:32pm
Thanks. After seeing your screenshots I think I will buy that add-on.
BradS View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by TomA320 TomA320 wrote:

Thanks. After seeing your screenshots I think I will buy that add-on.

If you like flying a bush-style arcraft, with good performance and more modern nav support, the Twotter is a great airplane; it is a bit different that tossing an Airbus around the sky though. Wink  And the Aerosoft version (good video on this page) is the best out there, IMHO, from a flight model, graphics, detail, accuracy perspective, though PMDG makes a decent one.

If you'd like a few more pics of the Twotter in action, here is a link to a set of them I've collected during flying club fly-ins (We're currenly doing a west coast to east coast USA fly-in now, every Sunday, on FSHost and TeamSpeak).

Brad   
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 4:26pm
Thanks for the links.
VH-MAL View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VH-MAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 9:54pm
I agree! Great pix Brad - thanks for the links.

I also agree about the Aerosoft Twotter - great bush plane - just the job for discovering Oz with FTX installed.

Malcolm
BradS View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 10:07pm
Glad you enjoyed them.  Smile And I agree.....a Twotter in OZ with FTX is a great combination.  I rarely go higher than 10,000 AGL, so that kind of scenery is perfect....Clap
Brad   
TiggerToo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TiggerToo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2009 at 4:14pm
may i ask waht plane that is? and where do you get it? ta
BradS View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2009 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by TiggerToo TiggerToo wrote:

may i ask waht plane that is? and where do you get it? ta

Its the excellent DHC-6 Twin Otter (Twotter) made be Aerosoft.
Brad   
killerscout View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killerscout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2009 at 12:51am
Nice ones!Clap I started my company at TNCM right in your neighborhood. Fun flying.
BradS View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2009 at 4:51am
Thanks.  Smile  Welcome to the Carib!  Thumbs%20Up  I just picked up a load TISX -> TNCM, so should be heading that way in the morning.  Great pics also, for your St Maarten posts....that FlyTampa scenery looks pretty good.
Brad   
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2009 at 8:17pm
How much does the it cost to afford the DHC-6 in AH?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic