This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seem to have issues?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gilb29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seem to have issues?
    Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 2:31pm
Cry
Well first off well done to the developers, For an add-on that totaly transforms FSX!!

But I do have a couple of issues:

1. Why can I only fly 10,000ft? not good in a 747 or my 737-300. ATC only ask me to fly to 10k feet. and in the kneeboard it dont show altitude?

2. Hope you dont have do this every time: If I fly from A to B and un-load. Then re-load to fly back to A do i have to restart FSX?. Because it has just asked me to. If so , that is poor as fsx takes ages to load ..

Regards
Craig
BradS View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by gilb29 gilb29 wrote:

Cry
Well first off well done to the developers, For an add-on that totaly transforms FSX!!

1. Why can I only fly 10,000ft? not good in a 747 or my 737-300. ATC only ask me to fly to 10k feet. and in the kneeboard it dont show altitude?

2. Hope you dont have do this every time: If I fly from A to B and un-load. Then re-load to fly back to A do i have to restart FSX?. Because it has just asked me to. If so , that is poor as fsx takes ages to load ..

Regards
Craig

Hi Craig,
   Any ATC activity has nothing to do with AH, that is only from FSX.  Try flying without ATC and you will see this. Ditto with the kneeboard...that is FSX, not AH.

Regarding ATC, it will have you fly at a specific altitude if that is in your flight plan, or if you are within certain types of air traffic zones, etc.

--------------------------------
Brad   
gilb29 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gilb29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by BradS BradS wrote:

Cry

Regards
Craig

Hi Craig,
   Any ATC activity has nothing to do with AH, that is only from FSX.  Try flying without ATC and you will see this. Ditto with the kneeboard...that is FSX, not AH.

Regarding ATC, it will have you fly at a specific altitude if that is in your flight plan, or if you are within certain types of air traffic zones, etc.

Thanks for th reply to no.1 But AH creates the flight plan so how do i adjust altitude in it?
BradS View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 2:59pm

Thanks for th reply to no.1 But AH creates the flight plan so how do i adjust altitude in it?

AH doesn't provide any altitudes in the flight plan, that I've seen.  Those are most often done in the actual FMS of the aircraft, by the pilot, by setting VNAV and/or crossing constraint altitudes.

I'd still recommend flying an AH flight without ATC to see what you get.
--------------------------------
Brad   
dree View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 3:03pm

1. You can just go Flights --> Flight planner and do what you want to do, I never fly IFR, I always fly VFR so I change that as soon as I enter the cockpit. AH doesn't in anyway care what flightplan you use, or use it at all, same for ATC, just fly the way you want.

2. If you want to prevent that you have to restart FSX every time you have to chose more jobs, make a string of jobs first into your “my jobs” list. In that way you don't have to leave the Monitor Screen nor restart FSX.

Dree

gilb29 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gilb29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 3:03pm
Will do brad!! but since the last post i looked at the flight planner and shows 10,000ft in the altitude box m8 :) so i might try and change that and add a few waypoints in there!. Also dont forget AH creates plane for IFR soits a little tricky not to have ATC m8. 
gilb29 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gilb29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by dree dree wrote:

1. You can just go Flights --> Flight planner and do what you want to do, I never fly IFR, I always fly VFR so I change that as soon as I enter the cockpit. AH doesn't in anyway care what flightplan you use, or use it at all, same for ATC, just fly the way you want.

2. If you want to prevent that you have to restart FSX every time you have to chose more jobs, make a string of jobs first into your “my jobs” list. In that way you don't have to leave the Monitor Screen nor restart FSX.

Dree

2. Thanks :) so i change my plan then? just as long as i land at the airport where the cargo is requied then ?
dree View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 3:10pm
Yes Smile
jaugust4 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaugust4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 3:59pm
The only time I used ATC was in Cargo Pilot if I was taking off from a particularly busy airport like KORD, and landing at a busy airport just to get into the pattern. I have a lot of AI in my FS! Haven't had to use it in AH thus far.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 5:18pm
Just change your flight plan to whatever (and wherever) you want once you're in Flight Sim - AH will track it properly :)

Quote 2. Hope you dont have do this every time: If I fly from A to B and un-load. Then re-load to fly back to A do i have to restart FSX?. Because it has just asked me to. If so , that is poor as fsx takes ages to load ..

You don't have to quit FSX to fly back again. Simply offload your cargo, then return to FSX and fly on from there - AH will pick up the flight.

If you want to choose (accept) different jobs, then you need to "Stop Flight monitoring" and go back to the job screen - you DO have to close FSX for that. Reason for that is that theres a bug in FSX and if you feed it a flight plan over an existing one, it either doesn't do it, or it crashes :( So we have to work within that I'm afraid.

But it's perfectly possible to select a load of jobs and just fly them in FSX without ever coming out of the flight monitoring screen - just use the "Return to Flight Sim" button on the "Cargo Loading" screen :)

So - in your scenario above, select BOTH jobs to fly at once.

load cargo at A, fly A -> B, alt-tab back to AH and unload and load again, then click "Return to flight sim", and fly to B. No need to exit FSX unless you want to "accept" another job.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
gilb29 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gilb29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Slopey Slopey wrote:

Just change your flight plan to whatever (and wherever) you want once you're in Flight Sim - AH will track it properly :)

Quote 2. Hope you dont have do this every time: If I fly from A to B and un-load. Then re-load to fly back to A do i have to restart FSX?. Because it has just asked me to. If so , that is poor as fsx takes ages to load ..

You don't have to quit FSX to fly back again. Simply offload your cargo, then return to FSX and fly on from there - AH will pick up the flight.

If you want to choose (accept) different jobs, then you need to "Stop Flight monitoring" and go back to the job screen - you DO have to close FSX for that. Reason for that is that theres a bug in FSX and if you feed it a flight plan over an existing one, it either doesn't do it, or it crashes :( So we have to work within that I'm afraid.

But it's perfectly possible to select a load of jobs and just fly them in FSX without ever coming out of the flight monitoring screen - just use the "Return to Flight Sim" button on the "Cargo Loading" screen :)

So - in your scenario above, select BOTH jobs to fly at once.

load cargo at A, fly A -> B, alt-tab back to AH and unload and load again, then click "Return to flight sim", and fly to B. No need to exit FSX unless you want to "accept" another job.

Thanks Slopey Big%20smile. I have it sorted now . Also no need to alt-tab when you have two monitors running ( one 32" and one 19" Clap). Only thing i gota sort now is my debt proplem. Twice i have gone bankrupt Confused.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 5:42pm
Remember and take insurance! ;) And you can always get a small loan to tide you over!
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
gilb29 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gilb29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Slopey Slopey wrote:

Remember and take insurance! ;) And you can always get a small loan to tide you over!

Growing to big to quick !! or maybe the credit crunch has hit me !!Ouch
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic