This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Air Hauler and non US FSX - screwed!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air Hauler and non US FSX - screwed!
    Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 1:41pm
Why is it always the same story?

Bought Air Hauler today. Running FSX (german version), my first problem was that the date string is processed in way that you have to have your OS installed as english(US). And as if that weren't enough: If you have a non US/non english version of FSX, your plane will ALWAYS be placed at 0°0° in the water.

So - what shall I do? I am really wizzed.
-------------------------------
Edited: It seems clear now that the 0° 0° thingie is connected to importing addon sceneries and airports. I also deleted a part of my posting that I find inappropriate now...
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 2:01pm
Change your currency separators to "," for thousands and "." for decimal and you'll be fine. You can keep language, currency symbol etc as is.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
darem View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 2:09pm
Sorry, no. It says it cannot interpret  "crew expires #21-Mär-2009 15:10.38#" if I have language set to german
theryanbradley View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theryanbradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 2:12pm
I'm reasonably assured that you are made aware of the currency and language limitations of AirHauler before purchasing.

However, assuming that you weren't, please wait for a response from here or use the support methods provided by Just Flight at http://www.justflight.com/support.asp

Also, if you are not satisfied with your purchase please read: http://www.justflight.com/fairdeal.asp and contact Just Flight as appropriate. Please bear in mind that offices are open Monday - Friday, 10am-5pm GMT.
Many Thanks,

Ryan

There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician, the other is an artist in love with flight.
darem View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 2:24pm
I am sorry, but you are NOT made aware of this. The specs and the text on site nowhere mentions limitations of that kind. Nor are those limitations usual. Cargo Pilot, for example, does not have them.

I have used the support feature on JustFlight, I even wrote to JustFlight, I checked the FAQ (which is, of course, empty at the time being). Furthermore, I do not seek technical assistance from the support team here, but from other users who might have overcome this problem with specific settings. Chances are that I am just too dumb - so forgive me if I use this forum to seek advice.
BradS View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by darem darem wrote:

Why is it always the same story?

Bought Air Hauler today. Running FSX (german version), my first problem was that the date string is processed in way that you have to have your OS installed as english(US). And as if that weren't enough: If you have a non US/non english version of FSX, your plane will ALWAYS be placed at 0°0° in the water.

Folks, this is LAME!!!!! The world isn't just english speaking, and people with a non english OS are screwed again (the same Oh damn! happened with REX - they still haven't fixed it after a couple of months).

So - what shall I do? I am really wizzed.

Darem,
  I understand your frustration.  I'm struggling with something very similar, though in reverse.  I've bought train/rail simulators from Germans companies, and the translations are rough, parts of the programs are still in German, etc.

I think one difference is that AH made some statements around limitations in language support in the current release, so one would have the opportunity to move ahead with the purchase or not. I didn't have that option the rail/train sims I bought...it was 'Suprise!' when I installed it....Shocked

AH is a very good product, btw, and I think you will enjoy it if you can hang in there....Wink
--------------------------------
Brad   
darem View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 2:45pm
I don't doubt that :-)

Ok, what I have found out so far: Most issues can be solved by setting your language settings to english(US).

What I CANNOT solve is the fact that the plane is always placed at 0°,0° when trying to start an assignment. Any ideas why this is like that and what can be done? Remember, this is a german FSX.
BradS View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by darem darem wrote:

What I CANNOT solve is the fact that the plane is always placed at 0°,0° when trying to start an assignment. Any ideas why this is like that and what can be done? Remember, this is a german FSX.

Can't really help with this much, as I'mnot the developer or a tester.  AH does provide a flight plan for your cargo flight, and it may pass latitude/longitude to FSX, and it may use a "." to indicated decimals, where in your O/S it expects "," for decimals and so FSX is getting confused.  Just a guess though....  Duncan can probably weigh in on this....
--------------------------------
Brad   
darem View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 2:59pm
That's what is in a flight plan:

<FlightPlan.FlightPlan>
        <Title>.K to ETSF</Title>
        <FPType>VFR</FPType>
        <CruisingAlt>6500</CruisingAlt>
        <DepartureID>.K</DepartureID>
        <DepartureLLA>N48° 12' 41.21",E13° 20' 54.60",+001377.95</DepartureLLA>
        <DestinationID>ETSF</DestinationID>
        <DestinationLLA>N48° 12' 18.07",E11° 17' 5.62",+001703.00</DestinationLLA>
        <Descr>.K, ETSF</Descr>
        <DeparturePosition>30</DeparturePosition>
        <DepartureName>Ried</DepartureName>
        <DestinationName>Furstenfeldbruck AB</DestinationName>
        <AppVersion>
            <AppVersionMajor>10</AppVersionMajor>
            <AppVersionBuild>61637</AppVersionBuild>
        </AppVersion>
        <ATCWaypoint id=".K">
            <ATCWaypointType>Airport</ATCWaypointType>
            <WorldPosition>N48° 12' 41.21",E13° 20' 54.60",+001377.95</WorldPosition>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAOIdent>.K</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="ETSF">
            <ATCWaypointType>Airport</ATCWaypointType>
            <WorldPosition>N48° 12' 18.07",E11° 17' 5.62",+001703.00</WorldPosition>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAOIdent>ETSF</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
    </FlightPlan.FlightPlan>

Seems you are right.
darem View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 3:04pm
oops - sorry, no. Flipht plan itself looks ok, same format as others I do within FSX. If I load the flight plan, everything is correct, but Air Hauler tells me it is forbidden to slew *g*
Revsarge View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revsarge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 4:25pm
Darem:

I'm confused now.  Is the aircraft still positioning at the zero/zero location? 

Marty
_popupControl();
Revsarge View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revsarge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 4:33pm
Darem:

I was trying to think through why this might be happening.  A question came up in my mind about your FBO or the initial base you purchased.  Is it by chance an add-on base? 

Marty
_popupControl();
darem View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 4:38pm
I tried it at several locations, one in Austria, one in Germany, one in the US. All of them are standard FSX airports. My plane always starts west of the african coast in the water :-)
darem View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 4:56pm
I checked the flightplan that is stored under "AH" - it names the departure airport, but claims it is unknown. The destination is selected correctly.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 5:10pm
I don't think thats an AH flight plan - they're not in XML for a start.

Anyway, go into the Options menu tab, then Options menu item, and under flight options set it to "always ask for gate".

That'll ensure AH prompts you for a gate when next starting a flight, and if you're on US settings you'll be able to set it back.

There are localised German/French versions planned, but at the moment that doesn't include numeric separators, but it might do -more details nearer release.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Hank View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 7:11pm
Unfortunately I do have the same problem here with FSX!!!

I combined Air Hauler with the PNG scenery (yes imported the scenery into AH). But once cargo planning is done and ready to fly, the plane is in mid-air at zero/zero coordinates and NOT at the starting point (eventhough AH asks me to place the A/c at a certain parking spot of the airstrip (FIN in this case). Shocked

Maybe Fs9 will give different results, I'll try that one out.

Cheers
darem View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 7:40pm
Hank, is this an english version of FSX?
dree View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 7:59pm
It's not about the language version of FSX, it's the "Regional an Language Options" in your Control panel that matter, set them to US or UK english. Your Windows version doesn't change, mine is still in perfect Dutch, it just handles some comma's, points and time/date strings different but you won't notice in normal life  Smile

Dree
darem View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 8:09pm
dree - changing this to english(US) solves all problems regarding date and decimals and so on, but does NOT help with the aircraft positioning at 0,0 in the water.

I have set this to english(US) - so at least the jobs can be calculated. That works fine. But once I start the assigned job (flight) I find myself west of Africa, no matter what my homebase is, be it Austria, Indonesia, US, Germany...

I am trying to find out why.
dree View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 8:26pm
Did you try to set the AH Option to "always ask for gate" like Slopey said? It might just be a firts flight thing, if that works you can turn that off again and AH will always put you on the same spot as where you left the plane the preveous flight.

If that doesn't help try to make a new company, maybe some "bad" dots and comma's came in your company earlier?

Dree Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic