This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Air Hauler and non US FSX - screwed!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 8:44pm

Dree, thank you for your advice. I tried everything you suggested. I even reimported custom sceneries. Nex thing I try will be a complete reinstallation. I let you know if this works.

Hank View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 8:56pm
Mine is English, concerning FSX, though as I'm Dutch, I only had to change the settings to english (the dots...etc).

Concerning the zero/zero positioning....I did the tests in both FSX and FS9, and only happens once you opt for scenery import....after that (maybe it has to do with differences between default and add-on sceneries...???)...the plane is positioned on the zero/zero coordinates.

Cheers
RB211 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RB211 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 9:05pm
Hi !

Unfortunately exactly the same "problem" as darem here. First ´dot net´ error message due to Date setting (solved by setting vista to US language/format), still no chance for me to fly a job cause  air hauler always drops me in the atlantic ocean east of africa (zero zero position). I also use german Vista and FSX.

I already tried:

- Set the "always choose gate" option and the "previous position option"    -no effect
- import addon scenery again after started several new companies  -no effect
- Choosed standard FSX airport or commercial addon scenery airport as base  -no effect

@ hank: what do exactly mean by "...and only happens once you opt for scenery import" ??

Cheers
dree View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 9:08pm

Strange, we did not have that during testing. Maybe becouse we didn't import so soon in the game. If you manage to make a first flight I'm fairly sure you can do the import scenery after that.

Dree
darem View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 9:14pm
Ok, I also nailed it down to scenery import. As long as you don't import scenery, everything is fine. Once you do: splash in the ocean.

So I will do a first flight and then import. Let's see what happens.
Hank View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by RB211 RB211 wrote:

Hi !

@ hank: what do exactly mean by "...and only happens once you opt for scenery import" ??

Cheers

Before I opted for the import scenery option, everything worked!! But once I opted to import the sceneries......I ended up (and still do....Confused)  right in the ocean....
Hank View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Slopey Slopey wrote:

Anyway, go into the Options menu tab, then Options menu item, and under flight options set it to "always ask for gate".

That'll ensure AH prompts you for a gate when next starting a flight, and if you're on US settings you'll be able to set it back.

This is another item I tried....but AH no longer give me the option on WICH gate to start..both simulators start right away........into the ocean offcourse....
RB211 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RB211 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 10:38pm
O.k. I also can confirm that after a reinstall without scenery import the positioning of the aircraft works fine (at least with FSX default airports of course). Nevertheless I now get certain failure messages (from dot net I guess) about a parameter which is supposed to be set but it is not. It happens after acceptance of jobs when FSX is loaded by AH.
Man, at least for non US-Vista users this does not look like a smooth start. It´s sad though,  imho the addon has a lot of potential !

Anyway,
Cheers
dree View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 10:55pm
Hank, an old trick of mine a hundred years ago in CP was to hit the P pause button before FS comes with a crash notification and then go to World - Go to airport. Don't know if it works becouse a lot of things are in the program to prevent cheating.

RB211; it's not the Windows version but your regional settings, but I think I repeat myself now, I'm getting old Smile

Dree
racegig View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racegig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 4:51am
I have the same issue 00 in the water

I have french FSX
Tried ask for gate
Tried to put regional settings in US
Not working
Still swimming

That is not cool
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 7:34am
I'm looking into it.. standby....
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
dree View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 7:38am
Yes I know, this topic had two different subjects, the language setting which coused problems and the swimming part.

For the swimming people:
Uninstall AH.
Delete Program Files/AirHauler folder 
Reïnstall AH and do not import scenery.
Then your good.

Dree
darem View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 1:49pm
When can we import? After the first flight?
dree View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 2:10pm
Please hold on with that until Slopey knows what's going on.

It's not crusial for playing the game, if you have add-on airports and the setting "always choose gate" on then you might be positioned wrong but if you have it off you will be placed where you left your plane last haul so I think your good then.

Dree
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 4:10pm
Ok - for all the people who can't see any jobs, ENSURE that UAC is turned off.

(Control Panel - User Accounts - Turn off User Access Control)

Then reboot your machine and try it.
AirHauler Developer
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 4:49pm
I'm looking at the import problem just now.

However, you MUST have US/English currency separator settings.
AirHauler Developer
darem View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 5:27pm
Positive. Have them. As others stated, as long as no scenery is imported, everything works well. I can create jobs, take jobs, do them, I am rewarded as expected.
racegig View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racegig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 2:29am
OK Will try that
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic