This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No problems, just quibbles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaugust4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No problems, just quibbles
    Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 9:48pm
Downloaded and installed. First problem had nothing to do with AH. Error message, (can't remember what, now) would pop up when AH would try to start FS. Uninstalled and reinstalled FS(2k4) and AH. Working fine.

I noted the problems as being with FS due to not being able to start FS from a saved flight. A WIN32 error kept  poppingup. Had to do a restore back to a point approx 1 month ago. Didn't discover why. Just something I tried.

Was able to run my first job successfully. NICE!!!

Now for the quibbles:

Not being able to import add-on scenery, or at least haven't figured out a way to do that. Had a custom built airport that I was going to use based on cargo hauling, much like the Airborne Express facility in Indiana (KILN).

Second: Would like to have seen the map distinguish between outgoing and incoming jobs, e.g. solid lines going from home base and dotted for to home base...that way when you are showing all jobs, you can better see the routes you can take...

Otherwise, congratulations to the developers and testers for putting out a 4-star product!
Herege View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herege Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 10:54pm
I m in test for what is possible testing. But without scenery loaded, is almost impossible make something..., for me and others that they also can't.

You run your first job!? nice! because I don't even get the job in list.
I hire a AI pilot and he as unable to fly, or me, because I cant get the job list. Maybe it is because I dont have scenery loaded, because AH can't do this yet.

You have installed the scenery without problems to AH?

Reinstalled FS for me is the impossible way to go, because I have my FS fine tuned and tons of add-ons and scenery that cost to me much /hours/days/months to get better. I don't reinstall the FS.

cheers!

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 10:56pm
Herege - Support, and myself, are on the case. Will be back to you asap.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by jaugust4 jaugust4 wrote:

Not being able to import add-on scenery, or at least haven't figured out a way to do that. Had a custom built airport that I was going to use based on cargo hauling, much like the Airborne Express facility in Indiana (KILN).

You've clicked on the options tab at the top, then Import Scenery? If you get an error there, let support know which scenery you have installed in FS and we'll troubleshoot it.

Second: Would like to have seen the map distinguish between outgoing and incoming jobs, e.g. solid lines going from home base and dotted for to home base...that way when you are showing all jobs, you can better see the routes you can take...Otherwise, congratulations to the developers and testers for putting out a 4-star product!

For now, you can use the filter to show only incoming, or only outgoing jobs which works quite well - see the drop down combo box at the top right of the jobs list.

I'm adding colour coding of the job paths to show that in a future service pack. :)
AirHauler Developer
dree View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 11:04pm
Jaugust4 can probably import scenery but just doesn't know how, he is probably no win64 user.
On top of the screen is a second tab "Options" in there is a button to import scenery Smile

Dree
Hurtz View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurtz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 12:34am
I imported my scenery without any issues.  The only bug I've seen so far is when I changed the Fuel slider and hit cancel it threw an exception but worked fine after. I gotta say I'm enjoying this new add-on.
jaugust4 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaugust4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 3:43am
Had imported scenery at installation but don't see my airports even when filtered for "all". They do show up when flying but not in AH.
BradS View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 4:07am
Originally posted by Slopey Slopey wrote:

I'm adding colour coding of the job paths to show that in a future service pack. :)

Good idea.  A suggestion...for those of us that have color deficiencies, it may make sense to also change the characteristics of the line as well (i.e. dotted, patterned, etc).

Thx
--------------------------------
Brad   
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 4:18am

Quote Had imported scenery at installation but don't see my airports even when filtered for "all". They do show up when flying but not in AH.

jaugust,

The filter only controls the display of airports for which there are jobs (to or from).

On the right side, above the maps are further controls which will allow you to display all airports which meet the criteria you select.  You may have to zoom up for the map to be legible if you're displaying an area that is densely populated with airfieds.

John Allard

John Allard
jaugust4 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaugust4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 4:41am
OK. Thanks! Either way, am enjoying this program!
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 8:53am
Originally posted by BradS BradS wrote:

A suggestion...for those of us that have color deficiencies, it may make sense to also change the characteristics of the line as well (i.e. dotted, patterned, etc).Thx

I'll add it to the list :)
AirHauler Developer
jaugust4 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaugust4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 1:43pm
I eliminated the color from the map as well which make the lines show up better. They were almost the same color as the map (US). And was able to import my scenery. Apparently wasn't filtering properly when I wanted to buy my custom airport. But I did find it, along with the custom air strip I made. So those "quibbles" are gone.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic