This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

i was just wondering!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11jovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i was just wondering!
    Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 3:46pm
i always wanted this to be more for passenger use not cargo. can it still be used in a way that i can fly my arranged flights with passengers or not :S i would love to know. if there is a way in this flight i can i mean does the aircraft you fly have to be a cargo plane or cna i have a passenger one. also can i just ask does is allow you to have the same aircraft more than once in your fleet.

kind regards joe

j.staddon
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 3:50pm
Hi,

There is talk of a passenger expansion to the program but for now it is cargo based
11jovic View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11jovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 3:52pm
so i cant really make it work can i :( oh well shame looks really good but cna i still use like say for instance the pmdg b1900c aircraft like if i bought it like 5 times so 5 planes in my fleet and then i get some ai pilots then from my base i can fly them from there oh i have an idea i can work a private charter airline

also can you go from any base at all?

kind regards joe

j.staddon
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 3:57pm
Hi Joe,

You can add any aircraft you like (even 3rd part stuff) and also fly from any base you like as well, no matter how obscure. I set one up in the Arctic and still had plenty of jobs on offer.
11jovic View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11jovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 4:02pm
haha wicked okay yeah i might cos i want to doa  virtual airline you see and your products seems awesome :)
check this airline
i only want to do those sorts of trips. check there website its just a reginal airline ya see and they have great plans to fly :)

let me know if it would be possible to set up that sort of airline in air hauler :)

kind regards joe

cheers for the help buddy
j.staddon
Revsarge View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revsarge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 1:32am
If you use FSPassenger you can run the two programs simultaneously and add cargo and passengers.  Run AH first and get to the cockpit and then start AH and you get both to integrate.

Be careful that you don't overload the aircraft.

Marty
_popupControl();
Hans Olo View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Olo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 8:10am

There is only one issue here. The whole idea of such addons is the conomic management and using the above described setup it will not work as the economic models of the two completely different softwares are obviously not linked (and i am happy for that). So if you carry people like that in AH that will not get registered and you wont receive any income for the job in AH. Since your plane is not filled to capacity the rewards will not be very lucrative and slowly but surely you will go bankrupt. BTW the same will happen to you in FSP as well. As such I do not see so much benefit in co-using the two softwares.

Actually you can do both - haul cargo and charter passengers - at the same time in FS Economy however you would not have a ton of nice features that AH offers such as failures, landing evaluation, etc.

I hope for a passenger addon myself but not in a way FSP is doing it - since there are essentially no jobs in FSP. I wuld prefer it more like missions with different criteria to cargo hauls. For example a mission that 'you need to carry a doctor to a patient within 2 hours'. The evaluation criteria is not how good the landing is but how fast you get the doctor there. If you get there fast enough you get a larger bonus while if you do not make it in time you get nothing. Sort of like this...

Hans
dree View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 9:00am
We had some discussion about also putting passengers on the cargo list but that was blown off, something with not realistic and small cargo planes are not alowed to do passengers in the real world.

I do not know FSPassengers but in the setup of Marty you also pay double for fuel ??

Dree
Dwhiskie View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dwhiskie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 11:00am
Will this work with REX and the real world weather?
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Dwhiskie Dwhiskie wrote:

Will this work with REX and the real world weather?

yes :)
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Blodhemn View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blodhemn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2009 at 3:19pm
I did try using FS Passengers X with Air Hauler, but my Fuel consumption went haywire, it seemed as though I was using twice as much fuel, which resulted in my aircraft running out of fuel way before the airport, landing in a field a couple of times does not do the cargo much good, nor the aircraft. Also had a bug where when I started Air Hauler, got to Flight Sim, then ran FS Passengers X, and added a passenger or 2 depending on how much space was left, but then when i clicked ok in FSPX My aircraft flipped over and crashed, I hadnt even started my engine yet. Would have been nice to use FSPX even if it was just for the simple course altitude & heading shortcuts etc, and also the dangerous areas, and damage simulation.

I don't know what damage simulation is in Air Hauler yet, as i have been too busy just playing it. Yes i can hear people shouting - RTFM. ok ok , yes, ill go do that, hopefully it will have some info.

Nice to have a Crew too, so I can hand over to Co Pilot for radio comms etc whilst i pop for a cuppa or a few ales :)

Cheers All ( Air Hauler is Awesome )
Rob
aviatorisu View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviatorisu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2009 at 5:34pm
I do agree that a passenger version built on the AH concept would be cool, but for now I am enjoying being a Freight Dog.  If you look, there ARE several aircraft which are convertable into Combi versions to carry both cargo and passengers.  You don't see them very often anymore, but they are still out there.

Z
qdrummer21 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qdrummer21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2009 at 6:06pm

I'm currently using AH as a Passenger add-on.  I've used FSPassengers in the past.  It is a great program.  My problems with it were two fold.  1) it didn't generate destinations that you had to fly two and 2) you could take as many or as few passengers as you wanted to assuming there were that many at your current location.  AH assigns both the destination and the cargo that needs to be carried.  I pretty much ignore what AH says the cargo is and instead focus on two items; the total weight and the fragile status.  AH allows for the ability to manual load the payload into the aircraft, using this option I distribute the weight into reasonable weight at each seat for an actual person, saving a little bit to simulate their baggage.  If it is a fragile job, I make the assumption that these passengers are just really sensitive or are afraid of flying and require additional finesse to transport.

Now if AH ever adds passengers to its capability ad will randomly assign the weights of individual passengers as well as how many passengers need to be moved for a particular assignment then I'll end up giving bonus points to the program.  However, with a little bit of imagination (seeing as this is a sim this shouldn't be too hard) I'd already give this program a 100% for simulating charter operations of any kind.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic