This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Be careful with some cargo!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herege Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Be careful with some cargo!
    Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 12:49am
They are prepared, that much of us goes to load this in our clean aircrafts Tongue

These images had inhaled to me, think that my company goes to work in this way Approve ,  and yours?

Cheers!
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 12:54am
Horses are flown in and out of my local airport frequently in 727 freighters.  They are very pampered thoroughbreds.

John Allard
John Allard
VH-MAL View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VH-MAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 3:19am
Seeing the chickens in one of the photos reminds me of one night in my previous job when a cargo aircraft was working his way up the east coast of Australia and I was having difficulty in getting him a clearance to land at Brisbane.

The pilot, well aware that it was not my fault, suggested I tell ATC that he was carrying a load of eggs and that if they didn't hurry up and let him land, he would soon have a plane full of chickens!

Malcolm
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 3:38am
Good thing they weren't snake eggs.... 

What was your job - dispatcher?

John
John Allard
VH-MAL View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VH-MAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 5:00am
Hi John

I was employed by the Australian Civil Aviation Authority as a Flight Service Officer - we looked after all aircraft OCTA (comms, briefing, traffic & weather alert, just to name a few of our jobs) and also maintained comms for International Flights on Oceanic Routes. It was a great job until the organisation was down-sized and the authorities decided to implement "affordable safety".

Never felt as though I worked a day im my life whilst I was there!

Hence my still avid interest in avaiation (also helped by Dad being in the RAAF during WWII).

Cheers

Malcolm
ddavid View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 5:30pm

Hi Herege - thanks for the heads up on The History of Air Cargo and Airmail. It looks a terrific book - a bit expensive, but Christmas is coming (I think!). Wink

Cheers - Dai (EGFE). Cool

Herege View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herege Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 6:40pm
Yes David, It seems to be a good book, but he is not cheap, will be able to scare the kindest Santa Claus :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic