This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Phantom WWII Torpedo bomber???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Robert Nesbitt View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Nesbitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phantom WWII Torpedo bomber???
    Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 9:44pm
The ghost Plane looks like a cool sort of a Plane is justfklight going to do a free Download for to fly it on Flight sim X
The XH558 Flies Again
flying-w View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flying-w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 6:38am
Send them to the "Lost" island, not forgetting to make an "Oceanic" paint at the same time!

SuperTrafficBoard V2.1 Now Available http://www.supertrafficboard.com
ttjt_99 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttjt_99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 12:18am
Ah terrific, I was going to leave them alone until I crashed into one sitting on Rwy 09 at Pricess Juliana. I guess they'll have to get....lost.....haha get it?  lost?  ghost fleet??  ok, it's Tuesday I guess ..
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2009 at 12:35am
Ahhh. Now I see where you are coming from. Yes, that would make sense. And it would be a "ghost" plane because these are the aircraft from the "lost squadron" (Flight 19); lost in the bermuda triangle.

If you have this (ghost) aircraft flying different routes at various airports in your Traffic X flight plans and you wish to remove it, simply untick it from the Control Centre Traffic Generator screen, right-click to generate flight plans, and then recompile your AI traffic.
flying-w View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flying-w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 1:36pm
I suspect it's an FSX aircraft imported into Traffic X, like a lot of other "GA" aircraft listed such as the Cessna 172/G1000.  In fact I can find the Avenger in SimObjects/Misc/TBM_Avenger_Ghost, where the aircraft.cfg says "Created by Microsoft Corporation".

Either way, it's cool!

Regards
Simon

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 8:27am

The Avenger is a Traffic X AI aircraft.  Here is a screenshot of the Control Centre Traffic Generator screen used to generate random AI traffic in to FSX.

flying-w View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flying-w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 6:45am
I think the avenger was made for one of the FSX missions?

Regards
Simon

Ruthus View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruthus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 8:41pm
I have General Motors TBM1c and TBM3 Avengers in my list as well in traffic generator. I have no idea where these came from I assume they were TrafficX related. i dont know where it would have come from otherwise. It does not appear in simobjects folder nor can i see it in the trafficx aircraft folder tree
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 5:12am
I run FSX with Acceleration Expansion Pack. On my system there is a folder called "TBM_Avenger_Ghost" that is located in the "Misc" folder within the "SimObjects" folder of the "Microsoft Flight Simulator X" folder. You might try moving the "TBM_Avenger_Ghost" folder outside of the Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder. After moving the folder, go to the "Fleet Database" screen in the Traffic X Control Centre, and click the "Update Aircraft from CFGs" button. Then click "Apply and Exit."

The procedure just outlined above for the Traffic X Control Centre may be unnecessary. Moving the Avenger's folder, itself, may solve the problem. Additionally, the above Traffic X Control Centre procedure may be unnecessary because it may do nothing to eliminate an aircraft if the aircraft is among the FSX aircraft automatically recognized by Traffic X. Hopefully, moving the Avenger's folder outside of the Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder may solve the problem. Follow the "folder moving" with a compile using the Traffic X Control Centre.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 2:43am
That looks quite wierd indeed. "Invisible" aircraft are usually the result of missing textures. However, sometime a graphics setting can be the culprit.

See picture below ... yes, an Avenger.

As for why it is a "ghost", I have no idea ...

I would suggest (if you have Vista) you check your FSX setting for Direct X 10 Preview. You could also try turning off other FSX options like Light Bloom, Lens Flare, Aircraft Casts Shadows on Itself, Ground Shadows, etc to see if any of those graphics settings are causing the "ghosting" for this plane.

ttjt_99 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttjt_99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 10:21pm
Is this an Avenger??  I don't know if they're part of the Traffic X program but I have what looks like a ghostly form sitting on the tarmac at Charlottesville, Va.  Anyone have any clues as to what this is and how I can get rid of it?  Fresh install of FSX and Traffic X and I haven't had any other add-ons.

http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww113/ttjt_99/2009-3-14_18-12-1-69.jpg

http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww113/ttjt_99/2009-3-14_18-11-53-886.jpg

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic