This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FSUIPC and JF CS 757

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FSUIPC and JF CS 757
    Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 2:59pm
Just a question I raised on another thread, but may affect us prospective Airhauler customers.

I read that CS are stating that their 757 has a problem ( Autopilot disconnect causing control lock ups) on "some" systems that use the latest FSUIPC 4.40 version? 

Their solution was to use an older version 4.30 ( I have 4.20 from the JF 737 PIC which has everything working fine)

Just wondering which version Airhauler has, if it has an FSUIPC at all? and might it alter some add on aircrafts controls?

Asking this since I would like to eventually obtain a 757 Freighter in my Airhauler fleet!
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 3:19pm

AH definitely requires the use of FSUIPC (and MS Net.Framework).  Which version is up to you, but of course it must be compatible with the sim version you're using (FS9 or FSX).  In general, the most up to date version of FSUIPC is recommended, but if you have issues with a specific AC, I suspect that running one version back is not going to cause any issues with AH. 

I'm pretty sure some of the testers have been using the CS 757 but I don't recall any discussion of control lock-ups or anything of that nature.

John Allard

John Allard
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 3:29pm
AirHauler will come with the most recent version of FSUIPC - currently 4.50 for FSX, and 3.90 for FS2k4.

I'm pretty sure it's been raised on Pete Dowson's support forums - best to check there as to where CS are at with it.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
David View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 4:59pm

Thanks chaps, I'm happy with that.  The latest version 4.50 should be OK.

As to CS,.........well my version of the JF 757 is ok apart from no key assignment for the A/P and A/T and the VOR OBS not working. ( its addressed in CS 4.2, apparently?) So I can go with that. Others have reported more serious issues and I dont think they are flavour of the month with those chaps who are dissatisfied with 757!

Anyways, not long now......... is it to be the career start in a Cessna or is to be the easy start in, well, "do ya feel lucky"?  :)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic