This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LBs to kgs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD-LincsUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LBs to kgs
    Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 3:35pm
Hey all - and for my 3rd topic today (can't ya tell it's Friday...!)....

I have now run out of fuel on 4 flights in FSX/CP.

Each time within spitting distance, almost, of the destination airport.

Why?

Well it's simple. When you are in FS9, the fuel weight is quoted in pounds. The flightplan text from CP also quotes the amount in pounds - so it's dead easy to get the right amount of fuel.

However, in FSX the fuel weight is quoted in kg, but the weight in CP is still in pounds - so you have to do the conversion.

I was always taught that 2.2lbs is a kilo - so I should be able to just divide the fuel weight given in CP by 2.2 and get the weight in kilos. But it is always not enough. Even when I add extra fuel, it's still not enough.

So, I looked up in my conversion chart and saw that for pounds to kilos, you multiply the pounds by 0.4536.

So I did it that way, adding a little extra for safety.

Guess what? - Yup - I still am running out. I've tried the US/mix/euro - whatever settings - it makes no difference - always Kg.

What is going on, someone, please?! Unhappy

I have to resort to full fuel tanks every trip.
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 5:08pm
Fuel weight in FSX is in kg?  Are you sure?  Are there regional settings for that?

Your conversions are correct, 2.2 and 0.45 are the operative numbers, but of course you have to apply them going in the right direction. 

It might help if you'd give specifics of the job...  AC type, flight distance, flight time, fuel loaded, cargo weight loaded, etc. 

It sounds as if you believe you are loading X Kg and are really getting X lbs, but not enough info to be sure.  It puts me in mind of the Gimli Glider.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic