This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What to do if your flight gets lost

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD-LincsUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What to do if your flight gets lost
    Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 3:21pm
I had a situation yesterday where CP somehow managed to 'lose' the flightplan for the job I was about to fly. This on FSX/Vista.

The flightplan had just disappeared (or not been made in the first place). So I just got a message in CP "Cargo Pilot was unable to copy the file Cargo Pilot Flight to FSX files....." or similar.

When You look in CP, there is no file, and of course, it isn't in your usual FSX files folder.
This is how I got round it:

Start FSX and make a flight exactly the same as the one you were going to fly under Cargo Pilot. That means put in the start and destination airports and then start up the flight, open the fuel and payload and put at least the weight of cargo that the CP task was(better putting a little more in and certainly not less) then empty all of the fuel, make sure your plane is at the correct airport, then save the flight (press ; key) as "Cargo Pilot Flight".

All that may not be necessary, but doing all that will make it definitely work.

Go back into CP - click on the flight management door and your flight plan text will come up.
Click on "Fly Now" as usual and you'll get the couldn't copy message.
Just click on "OK" and the usual "close CP and start FSX" message comes up (obviously starting it manually, not automatically). Close CP, start CPTracker, then start FSX and fly the route as you would any other CP flight.

When you are finished and close FSX, you'll see that CPTracker states "Flight completed".

When you go back into CP you'll see the flight debrief as normal. Carry on, flyboy..... Big%20smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic