This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

As often heard from....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: As often heard from....
    Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 4:08pm
...the back seat....

"Is it done yet!!?  "Is It Done Yet!!"   "Is.....It....Done.....Yet!!!"  .

Yes, JD, I know....I shouldn't hold it in like this....Wink  Going to see a shrink the 2nd Tuesday of next week.  Confused
--------------------------------
Brad   
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 4:14pm
I would wager that you will see a download version by the end of next week...
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 4:14pm

Have you seen the latest on the JF News page? 

AH pre-orders for the boxed version are being accepted now and they are saying that they aim to have downloads available "...before the end of March...".

Is your shrink accepting new patients?  I know a bunch of beta testers and one developer who may be able to form a group therapy session all by themselves.  We really can quit any time we want to - just don't want to.

John

EDIT:  The JF e-mailed newsletter has just been released too.  There's an article about AH included and also a quiz for winning one of five free copies of AH.  Go for it, freight dogs!

JDA
John Allard
BradS View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by RAS RAS wrote:

I would wager that you will see a download version by the end of next week...

Now thats the kind of wager I like to see!  I need to motivate my real estate agent in the Caribbean to locate prime base opportunities.  Wink

Timing is actually quite good...a couple of days earlier and I would have had to explain why to my wife, on our anniversary, I had to fly a load of widgets to a remote island she's never heard of.....Confused
--------------------------------
Brad   
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 4:58pm
Air Hauler may end up being a victim of its own success. The final files are due next week but they then need turning into a download product which may end up being delayed as instead of doing work I keep opening Air Hauler to see how my shares are doing and whether or not the AI pilot has finally returned from flying a load of TVs to the Baltics...
I'll try to stay focused Embarrassed

I wonder how my shares are doing...
WWA1935 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WWA1935 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 5:55am
Can you tell me what the download file size should be around?  I suffer from a slow internet connection so I am trying to deide if download or boxed version would be better for me.  Also will resuming software like "Get Right" be supported by your download servers?

Thanks,
Robert
Scooternjng View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scooternjng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by WWA1935 WWA1935 wrote:

Can you tell me what the download file size should be around?  I suffer from a slow internet connection so I am trying to deide if download or boxed version would be better for me.  Also will resuming software like "Get Right" be supported by your download servers?

Thanks,
Robert

From my experience, if you suffer from a slow connection (as I had in Iraq 4 years ago), your best bet is to order the boxed version.  It may take a little longer, and add to the anticipation, but it'll be better than having to worry about the d/l failing somewhere in the middle of the night, and you not knowing about it.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
--Edmund Burke, Irish philosopher & statesman
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 2:32pm
The latest Release Candidate downloads have been running about 44 MB.  I don't know how that will compare to the final version, however.

John

EDIT:  I missed the second part of your question, but can't answer it.  Someone from Just Flight may be able to.

JDA
John Allard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic