This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FSX Passengers and AH

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WWA1935 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FSX Passengers and AH
    Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 8:29am
I have been following the forum for awhile now with great interest.  I really enjoyed Cargo Pilot but it's interface and dated feel quickly faded for me and I am hoping AH will fill the void that was left when I chose not to re-install Cargo Pilot on my FSX machine.

With that said, I've seen the thread about mixed cargo and pax and feel it is very relevant, and will hopefully be addressed in AH.  I use FSX Passengers and it would sure be great if AH and Passangers could be used simultaneously? 

Even if they remain stand alone products I hope AH will allow for Pax as "cargo" even mixed lot would be nice. I can see flying 4 pax and a load of dry goods in a Beaver or Twin Otter to a remote local letting out a pax or two and then continuing on to a final destination or a base camp to offload the remaining pax and cargo.

VH-MAL View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VH-MAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 9:42am
The thing I like about cargo is that generally it doesn't complain as much!

I'll be happy just to haul cargo thanks.

But for those who prefer both - good luck to you....

Malcolm
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 10:01am
AirHauler is cargo only for now, although it is something I have my eye on.

There's no reason why you can't use FSPax and AH together - once AH has launched FS, you can set up your flight in FSPax and fly it. AH won't know about FSPax emergencies and vice versa, but aside from that it should work fine.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 1:36pm

Brian will know better than I do, but in terms of a real world parallel, I believe there are some issues.  The regulations require some things in the way of equipment and procedures when carrying pax that are not required for freight.  For a freight company to make that leap is a big decision involving a pretty significant overhead, not least insurance.  I suspect many choose not to do it at all.

I don't object to having it built in to AH, but in the RW carrying pax is far more complex than just adding another cargo type. 

e.g. - If you have an un-pressurized AC, about 12,000 feet will be your limit.  You may be able to suck on a nose bag, but you can't put them on pax.

Empty weight of the AC should increase to include the extra equipment required to carry pax, not least the seats themselves, which are absent in freight AC.

I believe pax flights MUST be executed under IFR flight plans.

John Allard
John Allard
Revsarge View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revsarge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 6:36pm
I have just done a short flight in AH using the Owen Hewitt Bell Jet Ranger from KAVX to KHHR.  It was a 600 pound cargo manifest.  I started FSPassenger once the AH flight was loaded.

At that point I used the maximum cargo FSP would allow and added one passenger via FSP.  The flight was completed and both programs logged the flight.  FSP - Rating perfect, AH rating, "Greaser".  Both programs cleared out as appropriate.

This is, mind you, the FS9 version for both Flight Sim and FSPassengers.

It is possible to make both work simulataneously and the effects of both cargo and passenger simulated.  In this instance AH becomes a flight planner for FSPassenger.  Pretty cool.  Throw in Active Sky, FSKeeper, and Radar Contact and you can't get much more immersive than that.  And you even have RC and FSPassengers co-pilots and the FAA looking over your shoulder giving their poignant, snide comments.

Marty
_popupControl();
Revsarge View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revsarge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 6:39pm
And if anyone can tell me how to get the __popupControl(); message out of the signature box I would certainly appreciate it.

_popupControl();
Ruthus View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruthus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 11:07pm
I use CP and FSPx together exactly like this today cos CP doesnt care what actual weight you fly as long as you take off and land where it expects, and FSPx doesnt really care where you fly from and to as long as its in the right aircraft!

You just have to make sure that both programs "own" the same aircraft.

I am assuming that AH will work the same.
Revsarge View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revsarge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 5:26am
I don't use the scenario mode so the aircraft is really transparent to FSPx for me.

_popupControl();
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic