This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AH & Radar Contact

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morley54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AH & Radar Contact
    Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 4:38pm
Hello,
Does  AH work with Radar Contact?   Doesn't seem like it would.   Just thought I would ask.
Thanks
Morley

Brian_ View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 5:54pm
Never tried it but it works great with VATSIM.

Why settle for chopped liver when you can have Prime Rib?Thumbs%20Up
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 6:03pm
Yep - works fine - I use RC myself.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
BradS View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 6:41pm
I was thinking about getting RC some time back.  From what you guys have said, it's renewed my interest.Big%20smile...but I see it hasn't been updated in almost 1.5 years.  Is it still a viable, ongoing pro.duct, especially at the price point its at?

thx,
B
--------------------------------
Brad   
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 7:41pm
I use it.  It's as good as it was when released and about 5000% better than MSFS ATC.  I think an FSX version is in the works, but haven't been to their site in a while, so don't know the details.

The FS2004 ATC is about five years old and if FSX improved it in  any way it's not obvious.

The only thing that is not as good as MS is ground taxi operations.  Once you're in the take-off queue, it's better by far than MS.  Up to that point, it's helter skelter.  You more or less have to dodge the AI traffic and you get no taxi directions, just "Taxi to and hold short of runway nn".  My advice is to set collisions off.  It's as if the AI can't see you, though once you join the queue, then it's OK.

John Allard
John Allard
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 9:31pm
RC4 is for both FS9 and FSX. No FSX problems there.

As John says, you're pretty much on your own for ground movements - just a taxi to the holding point for the runway. Also, the speech is in general very "clipped" - aesthetically pleasing, it ain't, but it's correct as per CAP413 and IFR procedures etc.

You might also want to consider VoxATC if you have a hankering for voice recognition - they're within £20 of each other.

I'm a recent RC4 purchaser and I'm still getting used to it. It's better than FS ATC (even though it doesn't sound as good), but it does have a few oddities you need to get used to.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
GabethePilot View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabethePilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 9:27pm
But, bear in mind that - I'm pretty sure(just check) -that VOXATC can't be networked whereas RC4 can.....and it works flawlessly.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic