This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AH and PMDG 747-400X - freighter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spidierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AH and PMDG 747-400X - freighter
    Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 11:06am
I was wondering since AH is changing aircraft.cfg files for loading
cargo whether someone got the opportunity to test it with PMDG 747 ?

The reason I ask is that PMDG clearly states not to use default MSFS menu to load
the plane but instead user their config/set up utility.

It made me wonder that if cargo (=load number ) is written to aircraft.cfg that maybe things could get corrupt due to loading balancing issues - which the config/setup utility does take into account...

So anyone tested this with this aircraft ? Already dreaming about a real big company with
the beloved PMDG 747X Cargo...

(hmmm.. the 747-400 is called Queen of the skies..now since more cargo = heavier weight = more drag is the 747-400 Cargo a Drag Queen ?Star Why do I always come up with these sorts of things ...)

Slopey View Drop Down
Passengers
Passengers
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 11:19am
AirHauler doesn't change aircraft.cfg files. Ever.

You can change the payload using whatever you want once AH has started FS for you.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 11:20am
(Whoops - didn't log in properly there!)
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
spidierox View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spidierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 11:30am
I am sorry I must have understand it wrong here, but :

From Dree's post :

AH is equally spreading the cargo nicely over all cargo / passenger positions.

That is much better than in CP but is not a 100% certainty that the cargo is correctly loaded, that depends on the aircraft. With some aircraft I have to change nothing, in some aircraft I have to move some cargo forward or backwards.
There is also a possibility to setup AH so that you load your cargo manually just by putting the figures in FS loading screen yourself.
And a second post I have found :

AirHauler uses the payload stations from the aircraft.cfg and you can load weights directly into them. There are a few aircraft with custom loaders which reconfigure the payload stations on the fly which causes a few issues - but it's possible to work round them.
>> Isn't the loading then not done then via the stations found in the aircraft cfg file ?

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 11:58am
AirHauler knows how many payload stations are on the aircraft as it gets that from the aircraft.cfg when it first imports it. But that's all it does as regards the aircraft.cfg.

Cargo weights are then assigned to those stations directly to Flight Sim - doesn't have anything to do with the .cfg file.

Once FS has started, you are free to re-distribute the load any way you want - if that means using someone elses loader, that's fine too.

Also - rather than have AH put the cargo weights over automatically, you can set it to "Manual" loading - AH will load FS for you, but it's up to you to set the payload which removes the problem completely :)
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
spidierox View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spidierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 12:02pm
Hi Slopey,

Thanks for clearing that one out...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic