This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AH Startup Tip

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AH Startup Tip
    Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 2:33am

This is a bit premature, with the app not released yet, but I'll forget if I don't post it now, so here it is...

During the screens you work through when starting a new company, you'll see one with four sliders.  Those are to set the job generation preferences to your liking so that the initial batch of jobs generated are what you want. 

IF - IF - IF -> IF you intend to immediately sell the default AC that you start up with and buy or lease something else, you may want to consider setting the "Number of Jobs" slider very low.  The initial batch of jobs will be generated to suit your start-up aircraft and you cannot just delete them.  They have to be flown or allowed to eventually fall off the list when they expire - up to 72 hours RW time.

Those same sliders are in the Options section of AH and you can reset them later.  By inhibiting the initial job generation, then selling your start-up AC and buying or leasing another, then re-setting the "Number of Jobs" slider to a higher setting, the new jobs that are generated after you raise the slider setting will be a match for your new AC.

John Allard

John Allard
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 8:46am
Worth pointing out that AirHauler will "suggest" an aircraft for each job (i.e. that's the aircraft it had in mind when it created the job), but you DON'T need to use that aircraft to fly that job.

i.e. if you have 5 jobs which are all for a Caravan, there's nothing to stop you loading them onto a Learjet and doing them with that ;

Likewise (and what John is alluding to), if you have a Caravan, AirHauler will create jobs suited to that. But if you sell the caravan, those jobs don't vanish - they stay until they expire. So if you have lots of jobs and sell an aircraft, don't expect all the jobs to magically turn into jobs for your new aircraft - your customers still need those goods shipped!
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Revsarge View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revsarge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 6:12pm
This ties in to my post in another thread. 

In order to get the mandated minimums for reputation the flights must be personal flights.  In GA in the real world I would suspect that very few of them are more than 500 miles. 

If you reduce the range of your aircraft when you import it to a 200-300 range and drop the slider to about the first notch, as your jobs refresh the distances will shorten.  Flights between airfields of 100 miles or so can be accomplished.

If you have the time to do longer flights this isn't necessary, but to those with limited discretionary time to exercise a great hobby, this is a helpful pair of ideas.

Sarge
_popupControl();
Brian_ View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 6:35pm
Excellent info, Gents!Tongue
jflimbach View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jflimbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 4:06pm
Hey there JA.

Did you get the large file I sent you last week, or do I need to break it down in pieces?
John Limbach
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic