This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unlisted Airports

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westwind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unlisted Airports
    Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 5:35am
Dose anyone know if AH will be able to create cargo runs to unlisted airports. I have some airports I would like to use but don't want to go and create AFCAD's for them all.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 10:46am
How do you mean "unlisted"? If they're in FlightSim, they'll be AirHauler.

Or do you mean that there's scenery for them but they're not defined as airports as such? In that case no - if you can't start at that airfield with "Create a Flight" in Flight Sim, AirHauler won't know about it.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Brian_ View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Slopey Slopey wrote:

How do you mean "unlisted"? If they're in FlightSim, they'll be AirHauler.

Actually, I had this question on the old forum. I have AFCADs I created for new airports and they're showing up in the sim but not in the AH software.

Any idea what might be wrong?
westwind View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westwind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 5:30pm
Thanks for your response, yes I do mean airports with scenery but no AFCAD. I can make AFCADs for them, but I'm concerned with Brian's comment, why wont the new AFCADs so up in AH?
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 5:33pm
We don't know yet - I'm troubleshooting it with Brian.

In a nutshell, if you can use the FS "Create a Flight" menu to start at that airport, AirHauler will know it exists.

If you can't, i.e. it's just a bit of scenery which Flight Sim doesn't know is an airport, it won't show up.

Simple as that :)
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 5:43pm
Brian,

You mentioned (on the AH Testing Forum, I think) adding FS start positions at both ends of the runways.  I think that's critical.  Have you done that and did it make a difference?

Also, I thought AFCAD only worked for FS9... apparently that's not correct.

John Allard

EDIT: 

I just did a search for "AFCAD FSX" and all I got were links to forum posts and discussions of whether AFCAD truly works for FSX or not.  Though I don't claim to have read it all, nothing jumped out at me as saying definitively that it does work in FSX.

I remember seeing a payware product a while back that was based on AFCAD, but much enhanced and specifically for FSX.  I don't recall the name, but it was some b a s t a r d i z a t i o n of AFCAD and had the obligatory big X in the name to indicate that it was intended for FSX.

It may be that what AFCAD is producing for you is in some way not complete or compatible and is not being picked up correctly by Duncan's and Wolfgang's parsing and importing utilities.

I've always understood that AFCAD does NOT do FSX.  Mine (Version 2.21) specifically says FS2004 in the title block.

John
John Allard
Brian_ View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 6:47pm
John,

You may very well be right. I found that when I created the files, AFCAD would place them in FS9. But I figured maybe it was because I only had FS9 installed at the time I downloaded AFCAD.

Having moved the files to the appropriate FSX folder, they seem fully functional in the sim but you may be right that there's some critical difference that prevents AH from recognizing it.

Btw, I tried adding start locations and a CTAF but they're still not showing on the AH map.

My point of doing this is that it would be really cool to add marinas and other unique locations as seaplane bases which could subsequently be utilized for dropping off cargo at.Tongue
westwind View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westwind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 12:23am
Hi I use ADE to create DSX airports. I would love to test it with AH. Maybe I can get a hold of a copy before the release date and see if I can get the AFCADs to work. WinkWinkWink
Brian_ View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 6:37pm
It apparently works fine--see my thread re; Cool Experiment
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic